Hit 200K miles today!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that a lighting trick or does the cam shaft lobe wear look worse as you go from left to right in the picture?

Youre milestone is a lifetime achievement against the godless forces of planned obsolescence and corporate greed.

May the pearls of heavenly virtue be bestowed upon your well kept inanimate object, and may high quality wax and motor oil always be your constant companions.

All the best!

macarose: That's the car prayer I've been looking for! Many thanks.

A friend-of-a-friend bought a 2008 Element. He was going to build a compact folding table and galley to create a "mini-camper".

I must see how he's coming along with it.

OP, nice car, good job.

Originally Posted by danez_yoda
Is that a lighting trick or does the cam shaft lobe wear look worse as you go from left to right in the picture?

Likely lighting. The dark looking "wear" on the camshaft lobes is completely normal for these engines.

Originally Posted by macarose
May the pearls of heavenly virtue be bestowed upon your well kept inanimate object, and may high quality wax and motor oil always be your constant companions.

Too funny!
Originally Posted by gregk24
Originally Posted by danez_yoda

Likely lighting. The dark looking "wear" on the camshaft lobes is completely normal for these engines.

The cam lobes absolutely had no wear of any type that I could feel.

To all, thanks for your kinds words!

Scott

Originally Posted by incognito_2u

I don't know what your family situation is, but your car is the perfect candidate for one to be passed down to someone younger in your lineage.......a legacy, sort of!
I'm sure that then it could make 500k without issues.

One other thing, I joke with my oldest son that I'll give it to my grandson (he's 11 now) when he reaches driving age. With the back seats out it has a nice flat floor in back. My comment is always met with a raised eyebrow! Haha!

Scott

Excellent job. My wife thinks I'm crazy, but I've always had an affinity for each gen of Element.

Also, great job keeping her so clean! One major issue I see on the few Elements around is the major fading of the plastic bits. Your whole vehicle looks new.

Originally Posted by 1978elcamino
Have you replaced the starter in it?

That, plus the sound system head unit. Both early on under warranty. It's been 100% flawless ever since.

Scott

Very nice, that's one clean looking Element.
thumbsup2.gif

Did certain trims come with the lower surrounding trim painted instead of just plastic or did you plastidip that or equivalent?

Originally Posted by gathermewool
Did certain trims come with the lower surrounding trim painted instead of just plastic or did you plastidip that or equivalent?

Ours is the SC model. It has different front and rear clips, different rockers, and a fully painted body. Plus 1/2" lower suspension, 18" wheels, carpeted interior and different seat covers, etc.

You can see the SC body differences better in this picture.

Scott

IMG_0924 2.jpeg

Originally Posted by SLO_Town
Originally Posted by gathermewool

Ours is the SC model. It has different front and rear clips, different rockers, and a fully painted body. Plus 1/2" lower suspension, 18" wheels, carpeted interior and different seat covers, etc.

You can see the SC body differences better in this picture.

Scott

Seems like you made the prudent choice since I haven't seen a single Element without severe deterioration of the exterior plastics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back