What is the Aisin Transmission code for the 2019 VW Passat (6spd AT)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wemay

Site Donor 2023
Sitting in Jury Duty Pool room and the internet is slow.

There's nothing wrong with it, just interested. It shifts wonderfully, except for the mpg-tuned hyper fast shift to 2nd. But I've gotten used to it.

Originally Posted by Vaca
Pretty sure it's the Aisin 09G six-speed automatic.

Thanks, that's what I was guessing.

How do you like the transmission? I have the same one in my Golf and it's great at everything but stop and go traffic. It's a bit herky jerky especially if the ac is on. Just something I noticed, otherwise it's fine.

It works flawlessly. The programming which shifts from 1 to 2 within milliseconds of forward motion took some getting used to though. Otherwise, the 6spd shifts just fine. Yes, in some bumper to bumper traffic it can be jerky. But it has never felt like something happened during a shift that shouldn't have. If that makes sense.

Yeah that's the same sentiment I get. Nothing is wrong with it but it's just mildly irritating. I had an old Ford Fusion that used a mazda transmission. It was like butter so I've been spoiled by that. Makes me sad that transmissions aren't all buttery smooth now.

Also, I responded to you passat review post without realizing it was you. I'm not stalking you I swear!

Last edited:
I believe its the 09G. I recommend changing the fluid (drain and refill) every 30K. They can be a bit jerky at low speeds.

Originally Posted by BurntMusic
Yeah that's the same sentiment I get. Nothing is wrong with it but it's just mildly irritating. I had an old Ford Fusion that used a mazda transmission. It was like butter so I've been spoiled by that. Makes me sad that transmissions aren't all buttery smooth now.

I'll second what you wrote here, the 09G in my 2016 Passat shifts fine, especially at speed, but is a bit jerky at lower speeds in stop-and-go driving. I did a fluid spill n fill twice at around 40,000 miles using Aisin WS fluid.

And, yeah, I've had many automatic transmissions that have shifted a lot smoother than this one!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back