Group 2 mix with Group 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
2013 Subaru 2.5 na engine. Used group III in 0& 5-20 for a few yrs w/o issue. Switched to group 4 Amsoil 0-20 for the past 2 yrs. Oil consumption of a few qts between oci. Bit of a short tripper vehicle. UOA last yr for one yr oci resulted in oil being fine but with a few qts oil added. My remedy... added one qt of Pennsoil 5-20 with the Amsoil and now NO consumption at all! Problem solved. What do U all think?

Sounds like a good solution… Especially if you're not running an extended interval.

You might also want to try 5W-30 to address the consumption.

I bought several gallons of the 0-20 so I am gonna run it. I did get some 5-20 SS as well once the 0-20 runs out. Would I ever buy SS again? Nah.

Last edited:
Noticed some consumption with my Baja in signature starting around 75 -- 80 thousand miles. Used about half a quart in a 4-5 thousand mile OCI. Was using 5W30 conventional mostly. Switched to a HM 5W30 full synthetic and consumption stopped altogether. Current fill is Rotella T6 5W30 full synthetic and nearly 2 thousand miles in -- no oil loss on the dipstick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back