2020 Ford F250 w/Tremor package and 7.3 L

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jonny Lieberman is a great writer but he got the date wrong for the Modular engines...they date back to 1991, not 1981, when they debuted in the Town Car.

Also, I'm glad to see that they moved the low beam down to the lower part of the headlight...the glare from the current gen F150s and Super Duties with LEDs is truly blinding. Seems like those IIHS headlight tests are thankfully putting pressure on OEs to improve their designs.

Last edited:
Have seen the Tremor at the KTP plant but haven't driven. Some videos out there say the gas 7.3 is more off road worthy due to lighter weight than the diesel. So unless your pulling major loads or just want the diesel the gas is supposed to off road better

I see no reason to opt for the diesels anymore. The gas motors are close competitors, much cheaper to option and maintain. I used to be a strong proponent for the diesel motor but the EPA has ruined their advantages. Sounds like the 7.3 gasser is going to be a winning combo with the HD Fords.

I think they could've chosen a much better name for the all-American engine, than a fictional Japanese monster.

The big gas motor will be a great option for those that can't stomach the almost $10,000 price for the diesel plus possible repairs in the future .

The 7.3L gas engine is the most exciting engine to come from ford in years.

Reliability and power.. none of the diesel costs or future expenses.

a million tow trucks will be ordered with these, anyone doing repos will want the quietness(vs diesel) for sure.

With a 10 speed transmission it will have no issues having "only" 475lb torque

now if you want to tow 35000lb, I think most would stepup past the f350 anyway.

Its a very exciting product. It likely won't match fuel economy with GM's gas 6.6 but the rest of the truck is so good that who cares.

I'd love a 6.2 with the 10-speed. Those things are bullet proof and love to sing.

Wait, I thought Tremor was mostly an aesthetics package? It seems more like the FX4/Z71 packages that add some off-road upgrades instead.

I want to see a Cybertruck tug of war Rematch against THIS truck!!

Solid entry in the 2020 HD pickup competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back