Hit 200K miles today!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello:

Our bought new by us 2010 Honda Element SC hit 200,000 miles today. It runs and drives just as nicely as the day I bought it, but I do maintain all my vehicles to a very high standard.

I've never put this kind of mileage on any car I've owned. Our little Element is most definitely one of the very best vehicles I'll ever own. It's had the lowest cost of ownership, by far. Flawless reliability and economical operation. And I still love driving the thing. I can't say enough good things about it.

A few pictures to celebrate the occasion.

Scott

IMG_3081.jpeg

IMG_3082.jpeg

IMG_3083.jpeg

IMG_3084.jpeg

Yay! 200K! My old Tundra is close, as is wifey's TSX. My old '93 Toyota 4WD is over 350K and still in service.

Is that the mighty K24 engine?

Originally Posted by JeffKeryk
Yay! 200K! My old Tundra is close, as is wifey's TSX. My old '93 Toyota 4WD is over 350K and still in service.

Is that the mighty K24 engine?

Yes indeed. I should have mentioned that. K24. An amazing little engine.

Two pictures attached from when I adjusted the valves at 197K. It's had a life of Castrol Edge or Edge EP, 5W-20 or 5W-30, 5K OCIs, Honda A01 filter.

Scott

IMG_2913.jpeg

IMG_2936.jpeg

Congratulations! Amazing engines and drive trains in these things. I have 2008 CRV in the family...145,000 miles...not one single issue in all those miles. Never had a vehicle do that before.

Looks great... Sure you got that many miles on the clock?
Our TSX has had a few things: alternator, ps pump (used a $69 new Amazon cheapie, gonna rebuild the original), starter was tired and 1 coil died (I replaced the other 3 as well).
This car is great. Gonna pull apart the brakes next OCI; clean and relube sliders, etc.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by JeffKeryk
Looks great... Sure you got that many miles on the clock?
Our TSX has had a few things: alternator, ps pump (used a $69 new Amazon cheapie, gonna rebuild the original), starter was tired and 1 coil died (I replaced the other 3 as well).
This car is great. Gonna pull apart the brakes next OCI; clean and relube sliders, etc.

Here is my valve adjustment post. More pics.

Scott

https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/foru...k-miles-valvetrain-pictrures#Post5287224

Originally Posted by 2010Civic
Nice! My 05 Accord 2.4 is at 194k. Can't wait to hit 200k!

Does your engine burn oil?

No more than 1/8 quart over a 5K OCI. Max.
Originally Posted by Donald
How long to you expect the transmission to last?

Transmission is perfect. I change the filter every 50K, and I change the fluid every 10K or 15K miles (the trans fluid is easier to change than engine oil, I run Redline D4 ATF).
Originally Posted by Snagglefoot
Congratulations. We should create a Bitog High Mileage grill badge!
laugh.gif

I honestly believe our Element will make 350K miles with nothing more than routine maintenance and tires. I think it entirely possible that it could make 500K without serious issues. But I don't have enough driving years left to see it reach that point.

Scott

"I think it entirely possible that it could make 500K without serious issues. But I don't have enough driving years left to see it reach that point."

I don't know what your family situation is, but your car is the perfect candidate for one to be passed down to someone younger in your lineage.......a legacy, sort of!
I'm sure that then it could make 500k without issues.

Goes to show you that proper maintenance and hard work do pay off!
thumbsup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back