Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by dogememe
Corona is gross but didn't think it was deadly.

They've changed their name
lol.gif

[Linked Image]

In all seriousness the Chinese need to do a better job across the board. They are clearly not the most transparent government in the world when it comes to these things and it's likely the numbers are much higher. Culture also plays a big part and that is the hardest part to change. This won't be je last virus to come from China that will cause problems globally.

We've had over 12 million cases of flu in the US this year with more than 6,000 deaths, but you don't see that plastered all over every headlines. This coronavirus is little more than a rhinovirus with ADHD.

Originally Posted by RDY4WAR
It wouldn't surprise me if China was intentionally downplaying the transmission and severity of the virus. They are communists after all, and they've done it before with the SARS outbreak in 2002. Idk... I'm just not getting alarmed about it at this point.

Wouldn't surprise me one bit. They recently lied about African Swine Fever too.

Said they had something like x cases, but ended up buying medication for x^2 animals. All this went down during the China trade tariffs too.

Canada (.as of Jan 27, 12:23 p.m.)

1 case confirmed (the first one that was presumptive previously)
1 case presumptive case (his wife)
19 additional cases under investigation

Wash your hands after going into public places, don't touch your face until you have washed your hands. Keep away from coughers and sneezers. Masks can make the situation worse after it is damp from your breath as it becomes a sponge.

As of yesterday, as far as I know 1 confirmed and 1 dead in Illinois. The lady that contracted it is still alive but the doctor that diagnosed her is dead.

Originally Posted by Pew
As of yesterday, as far as I know 1 confirmed and 1 dead in Illinois. The lady that contracted it is still alive but the doctor that diagnosed her is dead.

Where did you hear that? That's not what the CDC is reporting.

Originally Posted by buster
Originally Posted by Pew

I've been googling and haven't found anything on that either. I found where a 62 year old doctor in China died.

Originally Posted by Pew

Post some links. Lots of misinformation out there.

Math doesn't add up. There was only one confirmed in Illinois. 1 confirmed and 1 dead would be two. So far no dead in the US.

Originally Posted by buster
Originally Posted by Pew

My bad, 1 confirmed case but nobody dead (bad word of mouth on my part.)

Originally Posted by OVERKILL

Yup, India is the other population density pandora's box. It just seems that China has a track record of these events at this point, whilst India has managed to avoid them for now.

Being a majority vegetarian population certainly helps. Maybe humanity's future is in vegetarianism.

Originally Posted by PandaBear

Yup, India is the other population density pandora's box. It just seems that China has a track record of these events at this point, whilst India has managed to avoid them for now.

Being a majority vegetarian population certainly helps. Maybe humanity's future is in vegetarianism.

Maybe it's dumping their dead into the river they get their drinking water from help keep them healthy.

I think what helps is avoiding exotic culinary trends such as bats, snakes, etc.

Originally Posted by OilReport99

I think what helps is avoiding exotic culinary trends such as bats, snakes, etc.

I believe the last couple were believed to have started with bats and jumped to other mammals before going to humans. The latest one there was some claims of snake but some others studying it don't think so. Hasn't really been tracked down yet.

Driz said:
https://youtu.be/VLp8CHeKQkI

Here's a short video of an American living in China and his assessment . Interesting comments on the traditional WET MARKETS.

Repost of what I sent the other day. FYI this guy has lived there many years. He has a whole series of similarly well done concerning all his living in China experiences. He has irritated the powers that be before been harassed by cops and warned by his neighbors to be careful telling the ugly truths. He's worth subscribing to if you really want to learn about that place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back