EB Oil Drain Plug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has any after market companies come up with a good replacement oil drain plug for the 2015 and newer EB engines?
My cousin owns a 2017 NAVI, 3.5 EB, and is looking for a replacement drain plug.

NAVI.jpg

I have a Fumoto in mine but I don't have the plastic oil pan. Are you asking about the plastic pan trucks?

Originally Posted by RhondaHonda
I have a Fumoto in mine but I don't have the plastic oil pan. Are you asking about the plastic pan trucks?

Yes, the oil pans that are plastic/composite. He checked into the RONIN plug and they want $78.
He's going to call FUMOTO Monday morning and see if they make one for his pan.

Last I heard they didn't have one. I know they switched to metal pans in 2018 or 2019 but that's probably more trouble than it is worth.

Originally Posted by RhondaHonda
Last I heard they didn't have one. I know they switched to metal pans in 2018 or 2019 but that's probably more trouble than it is worth.

That's just like Ford.
In the late 90's the 5.4 engine was spitting out spark plugs. So, in the 2K's Ford redesigned the 5.4 heads to 3 valve heads and you couldn't/can't get the plugs out!
21.gif

Curious what problem is needing to be solved by an aftermarket solution here? Near as I can tell, these plugs work fine, and I find it to be way easier to use in real life. I keep a spare on hand that cost all of three dollars, and to date have not needed it (3.5 years in and 57 000 miles).

For the price of a Ronin, i can buy 26 replacement plugs that would last for over 200,000 miles if I replaced it with a new one every time which is not needed.

Originally Posted by MNgopher
Curious what problem is needing to be solved by an aftermarket solution here? Near as I can tell, these plugs work fine, and I find it to be way easier to use in real life. I keep a spare on hand that cost all of three dollars, and to date have not needed it (3.5 years in and 57 000 miles).

For the price of a Ronin, i can buy 26 replacement plugs that would last for over 200,000 miles if I replaced it with a new one every time which is not needed.

It's not the cost that matters (to a degree). It's when you release the factory plug you are releasing all 6 qts. of oil at one time! It can be very messy!
With an improved aftermarket plug that allows you to release the oil at a slower rate, it's not messy at all.
Just saying................
coffee2.gif

OIL.jpg

I can state that is not an issue on my 2.7 equipped 2016 F150. Can't speak to the other engine platforms.

I don't mind the quick drain, with the comment make sure the drain pan has a large opening to accept the rate of flow...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back