What do you cook that makes the whole house smell good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't like when smells of food are in the house and try to cook outside. Baking things with vanilla or cinnamon are ok.

Originally Posted by dave123
Originally Posted by 53' Stude
Liver & onions

I'm sorry
37.gif

I hope I didnt offend you, but I dont exactly like that meal

Common reaction but I'll say most who don't like it never had it prepared properly

that very well may be, but even the smell of cooking liver turns my stomach...

Originally Posted by Bud
Pot roast, bacon and eggs, about anything in the slow cooker.

slow cooker bacon and eggs? I'm Listening....

Originally Posted by GSCJR
You tell'em CB! It has to be a little spicy with some potatoes thrown in. Wife or mom makes it; I don't cook much these days.

You know what I'm talkin'about!

Originally Posted by pandus13
Originally Posted by Char Baby
Tripe

Any garlic involved?

Absolutely, lets stink up the place!
laugh.gif

1) Make a meatloaf....

...then make a meatloaf with a half-bunch of chopped, fresh parsley mixed in.

The smell is unbelievable.

2) It's actually funny to read people's descriptions of lingering food prep smalls. You cook it, eat it and then say, ..."the house stinks for a week".

2a) Look at how quickly the "open kitchen" or "wall-less ground floor" designs in houses died off.

That was due to the grease going all over the bottom floor.

Corned Beef and of course Cookies!!!!

Edit: Actually everything I make smells awesome except for any pan fried chicken.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Kira
2a) Look at how quickly the "open kitchen" or "wall-less ground floor" designs in houses died off.

IMO, they haven't died off at all. Just the opposite in fact - the whole open concept is something that most people seek out and pay good money for.

What's important is a properly installed (correct height, power, etc.) exhaust system that vents to the outside. In our current place, there is no such exhaust system, which is why I prefer to cook outside.

Originally Posted by 53' Stude
Liver & onions

I'm sorry
37.gif

I hope I didnt offend you, but I dont exactly like that meal

Common reaction but I'll say most who don't like it never had it prepared properly

Agreed. And same goes for beef tripe.

Originally Posted by Quattro Pete
Originally Posted by Kira

IMO, they haven't died off at all. Just the opposite in fact - the whole open concept is something that most people seek out and pay good money for.

What's important is a properly installed (correct height, power, etc.) exhaust system that vents to the outside. In our current place, there is no such exhaust system, which is why I prefer to cook outside.

IMHO this is the #1 reason why home cooking has been slowly dying off. Consumers have for the last 30 years were all too easily duped into buying homes designed without them. Exchanging home cooked meals for the ease of a microwavable feast !

I've been a homeowner for 20 years and it is a little depressing to know that there are some meals I've wanted to cook at home but don't simply because I can't install a range hood which vents to the outdoors.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by 94astro
Bread, homemade, best ever smell.
banana2.gif

With a crack crack crust please.

Or baguettes at 5am.... (one can dream)

Originally Posted by pandus13
Originally Posted by 94astro
Bread, homemade, best ever smell.
banana2.gif

With a crack crack crust please.

Mmmmmmm.... craaaaack!