Cracklins/pork skins anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Afternoon folks from rainy Pennsylvania. Was watching rerun of "dirty jobs" where they were making cracklings down I believe in Louisiana. Pretty interesting to a dumb mechanic like me. Anyone else here like this treat beside my southern friends?

Thanks in advance

I grew up familiar with cracklins as a byproduct of making home-made lard the old-fashioned way in Kentucky. I didn't approve of them even when I was 10, but relatives did. Old-timers would also boil sow-belly (skin) with their dried beans for "seasoning." Yuck!

Originally Posted by BAJA_05
NO THANKS!!!! If you like them -- good for you Wilbur!!! Lol

I tried some homemade ones once in North Carolina. They are a acuired taste I'll say

Old Dutch Bac'N Puffs. Excellent for long road trips when washed down with Coke.
laugh.gif

Love em !
Everybody needs some fried hog fat !!!
Great way to get your vitamin G / grease !!ðŸ‘

Originally Posted by kstanf150
Love em !
Everybody needs some fried hog fat !!!
Great way to get your vitamin G / grease !!ðŸ‘

That's true

Originally Posted by 53' Stude
Good Afternoon folks from rainy Pennsylvania. Was watching rerun of "dirty jobs" where they were making cracklings down I believe in Louisiana. Pretty interesting to a dumb mechanic like me. Anyone else here like this treat beside my southern friends?

Thanks in advance

When we butcher a pig we get a huge black cast iron pot to cook the pig skin in -AKA-Cracklins. We then spread them out on a 4X8 piece of plywood, salt them, and eat. We don't eat them all. We bag them up and pass them around.
C'est Si Bon, Mon Sha'!

Originally Posted by BlueOvalFitter
Originally Posted by 53' Stude

Thanks in advance

When we butcher a pig we get a huge black cast iron pot to cook the pig skin in -AKA-Cracklins. We then spread them out on a 4X8 piece of plywood, salt them, and eat. We don't eat them all. We bag them up and pass them around.
C'est Si Bon, Mon Sha'!

Wash em down with a cold beer makes em even betterðŸº

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back