Any Castrol Edge EP Users ?

Now rated for up to one year service or 20,000 miles (whichever comes first) . Any current users with good experiences to share ?
I'm trying the 5W30 in my Sedona van but the jury is still out (half way thru the OCI) . WM had it on roll back so thought I would try it ... D1 G2 rated I believe .

*On 2nd thought , I'm not sure if my jug of 5W30 Edge EP had the D1 / Gen 2 rating ? ... Also , I believe the M1 EP is the only other comparable EP synthetic to Edge EP ?

Used it for a fairly long OCI on my Escape. UOA came back great. Was definitely pre Dexos1Gen2 though!

I just picked up some to put in a 2003 4.2 v6 f150. I haven't tried it before, so unsure if I'll go the 20,000.

*Upon further research - I do not see where Castrol Edge 5W30 EP is D1 / Gen 2 certified ?
*Bought it at WM on roll back for $21 (normally at WM around $28) .

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
Return it Chris.

Really..? I noticed the bottle didn't have it, is it that big or a deal?

Originally Posted by Bscott07
Return it Chris.

Yes, to some GDI / TGDI owners. It's the strictest cert out there for gas-onlys.

I read a sort-of-disappointment in Chris' post. That's why I suggested taking it back.

Return it Chris.

Yes, to some GDI / TGDI owners. It's the strictest cert out there for gas-onlys.

I read a sort-of-disappointment in Chris' post. That's why I suggested taking it back.

I see. I may try it just to see how it comes out on a UOA. I currently have Castrol edge in it with the certifications, at the least it'll give details between the differences of the two.

Return it Chris.

*It's being used in the wife's 2007 PFI 3.8L Kia Sedona , so I don't care as much if it has the D1 / Gen 2 certs or not ... Perhaps the D1 / Gen 2 certification is coming ?

Last edited:
Return it Chris.

I see. I may try it just to see how it comes out on a UOA. I currently have Castrol edge in it with the certifications, at the least it'll give details between the differences of the two.

What is a analysis going to tell you?

It's s good oil. If it meets specs for your vehicle then run it.

ChrisD46: dexos 1 gen2 has been out. Use with confidence. I dont use dexos oils in my Camry
smile.gif

Back