My doggie had a rough week

Status
Not open for further replies.
How much was the vet bill?

We have a cat that has had a life of various illnesses and now maybe cancer. Vet bills are outrageous. We have decided this is our last pet, way too expensive, get too attached and it just ties one down later in life when you want to do things and have to find someone to care for the pet or a kennel etc.

Good luck with yours, hope this is the end of the vet bills.

Godspeed and a fast recovery for your friend. It's great that you have a good vet. I just had to put my 9 year old shepherd to sleep two weeks ago. So I know how fortunate you are to have caught everything before things got worse.

Originally Posted by Spector
How much was the vet bill?

We have a cat that has had a life of various illnesses and now maybe cancer. Vet bills are outrageous. We have decided this is our last pet, way too expensive, get too attached and it just ties one down later in life when you want to do things and have to find someone to care for the pet or a kennel etc.

Good luck with yours, hope this is the end of the vet bills.

$3000.00! But I feel that he was worth it. If anything else pops up i will have to re-evaluate the situation.

I need a dog where i live out here in the boonies. This was the first real medical emergency we have had. I currantly have a cat thats going to be 27 in March.

Originally Posted by Chris142
I currantly have a cat thats going to be 27 in March.

OMG this is the real story! Pics?

And good luck to your canine.

Oh poor guy! He looks sad in the photo with the cone. Get better soon! Dogs are the best!

Originally Posted by eljefino
I currantly have a cat thats going to be 27 in March.

OMG this is the real story! Pics?

And good luck to your canine.

Rex. Born 3-93.

IMG_20200126_114937.jpg

IMG_20200126_114923.jpg

Last edited:

We decided that surgery was needed.

He went into surgery friday about 10a. They found a 10lb tumor on his spleen. The tumor had been leaking toxins into his belly cavity.

They removed the spleen and the tumor that was as big as a football. He stayed the night there last night.

He came home today about noon. He is still groggy but has kept his wet food down so far. I took him outside a few minutes ago and he went #1.

He has a slice and stiches on his belly about 12 inches long. He is currantly next to us and I took his cone off to give him a break from it. Watching him closely.

Get well soon puppy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back