Standard wix cartridge filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know the contry, but I have used them twice on my 4Runner and they came out after 10,000 miles looking the same as when they went in… Plus a little darkness from the oil. I won't hesitate to use them again.

The XP cartridges mostly come from Poland, with some being American

The non-XP cartridges could come from anywhere, including the US, Poland, China, and Korea. Those are the four most common countries, but it does vary by part number

In case you're curious about Fram, too, in your (and my) 1.8L Toyota cartridge application:
ExtraGuard: Usually US, sometimes China;
ToughGuard: China;
Ultra: US

Chinese ExtraGuards I've seen appear to be constructed similar to the ToughGuard, except with different media. Other size Frams come from other places, I think.

Originally Posted by Bettez88
What filter do you usually run in your 1.8?
Me?
So far, nothing consistently enough to say I've "usually" used it.
This car came with OE Toyota filters from the dealer, plus two "free" changes with the same.
Then I put in a 2012-vintage Purolator L16311 (which I wouldn't particularly recommend).
Then I used a Fram TG10358 for 25.8k miles.

All of the above filters came out looking very good, even the first Purolator (which was used a shorter distance than the others, and only in warm weather).
Currently another L16311 is in place.
I have a ST10358 waiting in inventory.
May go back to the TG10358 after that, or possibly Fram Ultra if I'm convinced the problems with it have been resolved.

My niece bought a 2013 Corolla (same engine as yours) last spring. My brother installed a ST10358 when he changed the oil for her.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back