F150s with the 6.2L

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also looked around for those. They are around MY 11-12 and usually come with every option. (Platinum Limited). They are beautiful trucks with one of Fords best engines.
I couldn't find one under 18k, some had 150K miles. I made offers too. One is selling for 21K and has 150K miles. I can post the link. He said MAYBE he would let it go for 18ish.
Another was 17K but had issues (couldn't test drive, PS system was shot). Had 170K
There was one with 220K and rust selling for $13k...He said if you buy it today I'll do 11K. Crazy.

Last edited:
What did they cost new? Top of the line Supply and demand etc and simply if too expensive just say no.

Originally Posted by ford46guy
Originally Posted by CT8
What are we getting at?

Why are they so expensive for an almost 10yo truck?

Likely because you're not the only one seeking them out, and they weren't produced in the same quantities as the 5.0 and EB.

Mine is a Lariat, so you might not need to pay Platinum LImited prices if you keep looking.

I've randomly searched for 6.2s and yeah, pricing is fairly high relative to the 5.0 and EB so there's obviously a premium for getting the 6.2. Perhaps you'll luck out and find someone that doesn't know what they have.

Did you try the F-250 super duty? If that's the engine your after fuel economy is not important so the Super Duty might be more common and easier to find. Not sure about pricing though. Good luck.

its the most reliable and powerful engine you can get, combined with ultra high trim levels makes it a very desirable used truck. Worth the money!

Originally Posted by dareo
its the most reliable and powerful engine you can get, combined with ultra high trim levels makes it a very desirable used truck. Worth the money!

Eh. My buddy has a 2014 F-350 6.2 we camp 5 to 8 times a year together and have known each other 20 years. He has been less than pleased. While his has good power. He is on his second set of exhaust manifolds, 1 water pump, one bout with death wobble and the broken rocker arm issue. He just passed 70,000 miles. He tows like I do, about 8000 lbs. It is a good truck, but not as reliable as his old 5.4 ford.

I will keep my 6.0.

Last edited:
I forgot to add, best engine you can get in the f150, i'm still partial to the LS GM V8s all day long.

Originally Posted by ls1mike

Eh. My buddy has a 2014 F-350 6.2 we camp 5 to 8 times a year together and have known each other 20 years. He has been less than pleased. While his has good power. He is on his second set of exhaust manifolds, 1 water pump, one bout with death wobble and the broken rocker arm issue. He just passed 70,000 miles. He tows like I do, about 8000 lbs. It is a good truck, but not as reliable as his old 5.4 ford.

I will keep my 6.0.

My research shows lots of broken valve springs on the 6.2. As long as the valve don't drop it is an easy repair. Happened on the 4.6 4V , a few hrs of work.

Originally Posted by spk2000
Did you try the F-250 super duty? If that's the engine your after fuel economy is not important so the Super Duty might be more common and easier to find. Not sure about pricing though. Good luck.

I like all the toys that come with that truck. It is nicer than a Lexus inside.

I forgot to add, best engine you can get in the f150, i'm still partial to the LS GM V8s all day long.

One selling dealer told me GM engines love to throw rods when you tow. He took me in the back and said have a looksee. They are going to fix it up and resell. He said its not the first.

One selling dealer told me GM engines love to throw rods when you tow. He took me in the back and said have a looksee. They are going to fix it up and resell. He said its not the first.

Never heard that. LS engines love to rev. My avalanche's mileage is almost exclusively towing.

Originally Posted by spasm3

Never heard that. LS engines love to rev. My avalanche's mileage is almost exclusively towing.

Yeah that is not the case at all. LSs do not throw rods, it just isn't a thing unless you are running turbos and being stupid.

I suppose you can have an odd one here or there, but windowing the block? I doubt it.

Not sure who you are talking to but they don't know what they are talking about it, or you guys are not looking at an LS.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back