Motorcraftf Fl820s 1,310 miles, 109 hours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by BlueOvalFitter
Originally Posted by bbhero
I wonder if those World Champions think people are deliberately tearing those filters just to make their filters look bad .... And even if they are thinking that they still should have the decency to respond to people... Maybe that may well change their mind about their wrong headed assertions. Then with that information taken seriously then they could actually make changes to correct the problems you, strude53 and others on here have seen.

That's a BIG 10-4! It's called "Getting their 5 minutes of FAME!"

We know of only one member here that purposely tore a filter an then posted photos. His user name is BOF, lol ...
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ZeeOSix
Originally Posted by BlueOvalFitter
Originally Posted by bbhero
I wonder if those World Champions think people are deliberately tearing those filters just to make their filters look bad .... And even if they are thinking that they still should have the decency to respond to people... Maybe that may well change their mind about their wrong headed assertions. Then with that information taken seriously then they could actually make changes to correct the problems you, strude53 and others on here have seen.

That's a BIG 10-4! It's called "Getting their 5 minutes of FAME!"

We know of only one member here that purposely tore a filter an then posted photos. His user name is BOF, lol ...
laugh.gif

I knew there was a reason I had BOF on my ignore list.

Yes, I had so much to gain by posting a torn filter from my sisters Santa Fe. Just wanted my fame
smirk2.gif
The fact that is was a Puro made filter, and the it was torn in the exact same place as 95% of the other Puro filters means that I tore it on purpose?

Now this one I did tear on purpose, and stated it as such (see the difference between a failure and a purposeful tear?).

My car takes the equivalent of this filter and looking at Motorcraft's design, no one "tore" this. The pleats are spaced out awfully increasing the chance of a tear. Now only use mainly Napa Gold/Platinum....

Originally Posted by mpgo4th
I have pictures and mileage from multiple torn motorcraft filters of different part numbers in my phone. Maybe I'll sit down and write up something and send it from my work email with my job title and our agency included. If they don't respond or care about that than I will have my answer as to if there is any hope in using them again in the future. I still purchase some motorcraft air filters due to there low price but good quality.

Send your email to Ford's warranty department and cc Purolator.

Originally Posted by 53' Stude
I have pictures and mileage from multiple torn motorcraft filters of different part numbers in my phone. Maybe I'll sit down and write up something and send it from my work email with my job title and our agency included. If they don't respond or care about that than I will have my answer as to if there is any hope in using them again in the future. I still purchase some motorcraft air filters due to there low price but good quality.

Wish you the best. Other members sent email to Putolator and nothing was ever done about it. I counted least 30+ filters I cut and posted "made by Purolator" that tore. I'll stick with fram/wix

Well I started with Ford. They had me talk to a product "engineer" who thanked me so much for letting them know about this. Because" if customers like you don't let us know when there is a problem, how can we fix it?". So next I contacted Purolator. I even sent pictures and requested a call back. Still waiting.
coffee2.gif

Well I started with Ford. They had me talk to a product "engineer" who thanked me so much for letting them know about this. Because" if customers like you don't let us know when there is a problem, how can we fix it?". So next I contacted Purolator. I even sent pictures and requested a call back. Still waiting.
coffee2.gif

Good that you actually found someone at Ford that would listen. Should have ask him if you could put his email here on BITOG so people can send him info if they find a torn Motorcraft.

Don't hold your breath for Purolator to respond. Many here have tried contacting Purolator about this and all they hear is chirping crickets.

The people responsible for poor pleating get:

China-execution
Japan-you execute yourself
Germany- fired and it's recorded for life on your record
USA-not really sure, less texting while at work warning?

The folded over pleating looks very similar to the 820S I pulled out of my brother's 5.4 3 valve. I need to change the oil on my grandma's 5.4 2 valve with an 820S...I'll be cutting that one open as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back