Forum notifications?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe it's just built into the code of this forum but is there a way to be notified via email or push notification when you are mentioned in a reply or when a thread you started gets updated? Maybe I'm dumb and didn't dig through the user settings long enough to find this. Would be a nice feature though.

Some of the forums I have been on have an ability to add an @ to the user name and it would give them a notification, SVTPerformance being one of them.

Originally Posted by jayjr1105
is there a way to be notified via email or push notification when you are mentioned in a reply or when a thread you started gets updated?

Most typical internet forums do that automatically or you can set your preferences to that. Here you have to click on that arrow thingy button next to the Hop To button to follow thread.

Those features are pretty typical with forum software...but to my knowledge, this one supports neither. You can "follow" things but you have to check the list/page to see if anything is updated (last I looked).

1. Go to "Preferences" and select "Yes" next to "Should anything added to your Follow Lists be emailed to you."
2. Go to the thread you're interested in receiving notifications for and click the "Follow Thread" icon at the top of the thread, next to "Hop To" to add that thread to your Follow List.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back