Goodyear Assurance Comfortred Touring

Status
Not open for further replies.
215-60-16.
For a 2007 Sonata 2.4 manual.
Anybody have significant miles on these tires?
I see a big rebate, I need new tires, so now it's due diligence time.
Any input is appreciated.

I had them on a 2001 Lexus RX300 and they were a great tire for a Lexus. Got close to 60K miles on them and went to AltiMAX RT43...another great tire for said vehicle.

40K on 225/18 … good in rain ... smooth tire ... but should have been rotated better (2 tires were worn quicker for that reason)

I ran a set on our Subaru for 60K. Never rotated them and they still had 5/32" of tread left and were still decent in the rain. Got rid of them because I wanted something with more tread depth before winter.

The Goodyear's were pretty quiet and a good all around tire for the time but technology has come along way since those were engineered. Unless it's a crazy good deal (like half the cost) I'd take a look at some of the newer offerings from Continental. You will likely get a tire that will be better in the wet, dry, and quieter/smoother with similar wear characteristics.

The Goodyear Assurance ComforTred is the only tire that I've bought 3 times... each time was a full set of 4.

I like them that much. They ride well and wear well. Very tolerant of not being rotated on time.

When the time comes, I'll buy them again if they're still available and are offered in the correct size.

I saw your other thread in the sales section, yeah $250 rebate is a great deal, good price for those tires
smile.gif

I had a very good set of Goodyear Assurance Comortred tires on my Nissan Altima VQ... It was a big upgrade from the original tires that came with the car.
The second set was ok but not has good as the first set. I got 70k miles out of the first set and 77k miles out of the second set.

Yeah I saw the rebate. Only issue is that you have to take out a credit card and charge the whole amount. Then you get a $250 prepaid Visa card. I just called Costco and ordered Bridgestone ecopias installed for the same price as the good years and I had really good luck with that tire in the past. Hopefully they haven't changed.

I had these tires on my car and was able to put 90k on them. They last long and are quiet and smooth. Although, the last 10k I noticed it was getting al little stiff. I would buy these tires again. I notice that the price have gone up since the last time I bought them 4 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back