SATA Tools

Status
Not open for further replies.
I stumbled upon these: SATA Tools truth be told I never heard of them. They're made by the company who makes GearWrench, Apex tools. They look decent for the money. I really don't need anything but was curious if anyone owns any of the tools and had some feedback. If the feedback is good they might benefit someone who never heard of them looking for decent tools at decent prices.

No, its a different company.

SATA Tools rolled our their mechanic's tool sets as part of their Pro line in the U.S. SATA Tools is part of the Apex Tool Group (Gearwrench, Crescent, Wiss, etc.), but not be confused with SATA paint guns (owned by Dan Am). The SATA brand may be new to the U.S., but it's long been a worthy tool name in the remainder of the world. These new, to the U.S., SATA tools will be available on Amazon.

https://shoptoolreviews.com/news/sata-tools-launches-professional-mechanics-tool-sets/36393/

Originally Posted by Trav
No, its a different company.

SATA Tools rolled our their mechanic's tool sets as part of their Pro line in the U.S. SATA Tools is part of the Apex Tool Group (Gearwrench, Crescent, Wiss, etc.), but not be confused with SATA paint guns (owned by Dan Am). The SATA brand may be new to the U.S., but it's long been a worthy tool name in the remainder of the world. These new, to the U.S., SATA tools will be available on Amazon.

https://shoptoolreviews.com/news/sata-tools-launches-professional-mechanics-tool-sets/36393/

They really look like a decent tool for the money.

Originally Posted by WyrTwister
Do not think looks tell you much about the quality of the steel ?

Yes, which is why I asked if anyone owned the tools and had some feedback on them.

Looking around on Google, It seems Sata is basically rebadged Chinese Gearwrench without the gearwrench mark up. It would not surprise me if they also make some of the Matco pliers and tools that come from China as well. They have a "lifetime" warranty similar to other big name tools but not as good as Craftsman, Tekton, Husky ect. They are owned by Danaher. I do not own any but looking at them, I would have the same perception as what the old "companion" or Craftsman Evolv tool line at sears was. Good for in a pinch or just starting out.

Originally Posted by KenshinHimura
Looking around on Google, It seems Sata is basically rebadged Chinese Gearwrench without the gearwrench mark up. It would not surprise me if they also make some of the Matco pliers and tools that come from China as well. They have a "lifetime" warranty similar to other big name tools but not as good as Craftsman, Tekton, Husky ect. They are owned by Danaher. I do not own any but looking at them, I would have the same perception as what the old "companion" or Craftsman Evolv tool line at sears was. Good for in a pinch or just starting out.
That 120 tooth rat is unmistakable. Matco is the worst tool truck brand for offshoring by a long shot, truck prices for Mao specials.

Chinesium with a semi stolen brand name. If you don't want to pay the premium for US made, I would go with Tekton.

That socket set has the one inch bit strips and allen keys to inflate the amount of tools, and no case. Hard pass when you can get a used SK 3/8 set that has no skips for not much more on ebay.

Another offshoot of the Armstrong Tools buyout. The US military couldn't be their only customer.Their premium ratchet is not cheap and probably extremely good steel.

Originally Posted by maxdustington
That 120 tooth rat is unmistakable. Matco is the worst tool truck brand for offshoring by a long shot, truck prices for Mao specials.

Chinesium with a semi stolen brand name. If you don't want to pay the premium for US made, I would go with Tekton.

That socket set has the one inch bit strips and allen keys to inflate the amount of tools, and no case. Hard pass when you can get a used SK 3/8 set that has no skips for not much more on ebay.

I agree. For me I nearly always go for either SK or Wright as my first choices due to the fact they still make their tools in the USA with American Steel as well. The few import tools I have bought due to the fact that either no one makes in the USA have been from Tekton (o2 sensor socket) and Irwin (welders vice grips). I picked up a pair of older SK slip joints and they have held up better than some of the Westward tools ive gotten from work.

I never heard of Tekton before. On all these including Wright where do you go and what is needed for warranty? Wright doesn't have such a great warranty plenty of ifs. The beauty of Sears was just go there and replace. HD is about as close to that as can get with their Husky brand including the torque wrenches plus stores all over. I do have a few Wright tools look like art but I am not mailing something or spending a lot of effort on them if they break. They probably won't.

Originally Posted by Farnsworth
I never heard of Tekton before. On all these including Wright where do you go and what is needed for warranty? Wright doesn't have such a great warranty plenty of ifs. The beauty of Sears was just go there and replace. HD is about as close to that as can get with their Husky brand including the torque wrenches plus stores all over. I do have a few Wright tools look like art but I am not mailing something or spending a lot of effort on them if they break. They probably won't.

I buy most of my Wright tools from Hartville Hardware but I have bought some from Summit Racing, Zoro, Ohio Power Tool and Harry J Epstine. Never had to warranty any Wrights but according to their site, they state that to either contact wright directly or to contact the distributor.

SK I have bought off Amazon and their site directly. Their initial warranty process seems to be similar to wrights. Either contact distribuitor or SK directly to get the process started.

Tekton is a small family owned company based out of Michigan. ive bought mine at Meijers. Their Warranty is to send them pictures of the broken tool and they will send you a new replacement. They may request additional pictures if they so desire. I have an 02 sensor socket and a Wilde made pair of battery pilers made by them and they seem to be well constructed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back