Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been following this recent development a bit and noticed that someone had posted this who was from Vietnam. Not sure what to make of it.

Inside the Chinese lab poised to study the world's most dangerous pathogens

"But worries surround the Chinese lab, too. The SARS virus has escaped from high-level containment facilities in Beijing multiple times, notes Richard Ebright, a molecular biologist at Rutgers University in Piscataway, New Jersey. Tim Trevan, founder of CHROME Biosafety and Biosecurity Consulting in Damascus, Maryland, says that an open culture is important to keeping BSL-4 labs safe, and he questions how easy this will be in China, where society emphasizes hierarchy. "Diversity of viewpoint, flat structures where everyone feels free to speak up and openness of information are important," he says."

Now they are saying they think a student in Texas May have it as well. Bad deal because symptoms don't show until 2 weeks after you are infected.
This started in a horrible area from people eating non fully cooked exotic animals.

Last edited:
^I heard that too.
frown.gif

That article that was shared was from 2017. Interesting.

Apparently WuHan has been booming but they didn't do enough on the public-health policy front.

China will be the cradle of the end of civilization. Everybody thinks there will be some huge war or something, but I think that some pandemic will birth there and spiral out of control. There are just too many people.

Originally Posted by buster
^I heard that too.
frown.gif

That article that was shared was from 2017. Interesting.

Apparently WuHan has been booming but they didn't do enough on the public-health policy front.

That's true of the entire country not just that particular area. It was always a matter of time. In China it seems as if it moves, they eat it so the risk of getting some kind of virus jumping to humans is much more likely in that area.

Buster..... they are playing with fire there!
I guess it's a very small bit comforting that it's not in this country. I just watched a deal on tv tonight where the experts think the Chinese are lying about the actual number of infected and deaths.
coffee2.gif

Last edited:
In The Andromeda Strain, as I recall, the lab was built on a small nuclear bomb. Wonder if that's necessary/true for some of this stuff...

Originally Posted by OVERKILL
China will be the cradle of the end of civilization. Everybody thinks there will be some huge war or something, but I think that some pandemic will birth there and spiral out of control. There are just too many people.

China never gives the correct story so things originating there will already be out of control and spread over the globe before the information gets out.

Originally Posted by JHZR2
In The Andromeda Strain, as I recall, the lab was built on a small nuclear bomb. Wonder if that's necessary/true for some of this stuff...

That's not going to do any good when the bug is already 5000 miles away when you pop the nuke.

Originally Posted by Snagglefoot
IBTL
coffee2.gif
According to the Center for Disease Control, ( CDC ), over 60,000 Americans died from the flu last year.

Unbelievable and they haven't outlawed it yet?

Originally Posted by hatt

China never gives the correct story so things originating there will already be out of control and spread over the globe before the information gets out.

That's exactly what happened with SARS.

Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson
Originally Posted by Snagglefoot
IBTL
coffee2.gif
According to the Center for Disease Control, ( CDC ), over 60,000 Americans died from the flu last year.

Unbelievable and they haven't outlawed it yet?

Well if they outlawed it, only outlaws would have the flu.

Maybe the death rate won't be that bad. Seems like most who died so far had other health problems so it could just be something like the flu except that there's no vaccine for it so far. But regular flu vaccine is never close to 100%. At least it's not as bad as Ebola.

There are a lot of "bugs" waiting to crossover to humans in the jungles of the world but equally, there are pathogens right here in our own backyard that are mutating and becoming resistant to even some of the strongest antibiotics out there, like MRSA which is a resistant strain of Staph that can literally kill you if it gets into your blood stream or infects something more than your skin and very little works on it. They call it a "super bug".

There's a good book written by Laurie Garrett called "The Coming Plague" I read some years ago. She's a former epidemiologist at the CDC. She posits that the next pandemic will be caused by something that is as virulent as the common cold but as deadly as the Spanish influenza strain which killed over 50 MILLION people worldwide. People forget that the influenza is a deadly virus if not for our immune systems. All it takes is a new, never seen before strain to kill off millions of people... again.
[Linked Image]

Last edited:
Originally Posted by hatt

You know they will intentionally spread it if they can't control it. Either that or try to settle some old scores before their military stops functioning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back