Personal finance book in Spanish

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking for a book on personal finance meant for somebody who knows nothing about investing, insurance, social security, etc... An example would be Dave Ramsey's Complete Guide to Money. Also I think Suze Orman's The Road to Wealth is similar. The problem is that I can't seem to find those particular books in Spanish (this is a gift for a family friend), and I was wondering if anyone knew of some other good books like this that are available? A lot of what I'm finding is more geared toward digging yourself out of debt or getting rich but what I'm looking for is something more like you would flip to understand the difference between types of life insurance policies or the difference between a traditional and Roth IRA.

Amazon?

https://www.amazon.com/transformación-total-dinero-bienestar-económico/dp/1602551111?SubscriptionId=AKIAILSHYYTFIVPWUY6Q&tag=duckduckgo-iphone-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=1602551111

Probably not the same book but they might have what you are looking for.

For foreign language book you have to look at International book sites like Amazon Spain or Amazon Mexico, and then find one that will ship to the US. You might be better off buying the electronic version so you don't have to pay that shipping.

Ebay is another choice.

Originally Posted by PimTac
Amazon?

https://www.amazon.com/transformación-total-dinero-bienestar-económico/dp/1602551111?SubscriptionId=AKIAILSHYYTFIVPWUY6Q&tag=duckduckgo-iphone-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=1602551111

Probably not the same book but they might have what you are looking for.

The book you linked to is Dave Ramsey's Total Money Makeover which is more like how to make a plan to get your finances in check and paying off debt. That's not really what this person needs. From what I can tell, only Total Money Makeover has been published in Spanish but not his "Complete Guide to Money". That's why I'm looking for a recommendation for an alternative author.

Last edited:
A bilingual insurance agent and bilingual associate at the bank is all one needs. Different types of life insurance and roth vs traditional IRA's are very simple products to explain, provided a language barrier does not exist.

Originally Posted by PandaBear
For foreign language book you have to look at International book sites like Amazon Spain or Amazon Mexico, and then find one that will ship to the US. You might be better off buying the electronic version so you don't have to pay that shipping.

Ebay is another choice.

Wouldn't those books be for those specific markets? There probably isn't a Roth IRA in Spain or Mexico.

Originally Posted by 1978elcamino
A bilingual insurance agent and bilingual associate at the bank is all one needs. Different types of life insurance and roth vs traditional IRA's are very simple products to explain, provided a language barrier does not exist.

That's true but this is to keep them honest. Insurance agents and banks both love to sell you products you don't need. For example, a lot of financial gurus don't recommend whole life insurance but insurance agents love to sell it.

Originally Posted by czbrian
Originally Posted by 1978elcamino

That's true but this is to keep them honest. Insurance agents and banks both love to sell you products you don't need. For example, a lot of financial gurus don't recommend whole life insurance but insurance agents love to sell it.

A good insurance agent should do a needs assessment and explain the different policies available. A client should conclude with a full understanding of the available options and be able to make a confident decision. "Financial guru's" should not EVER sell a life insurance product as part of an investment. In fact, it is unlawful to explain a life product as some kind of investment. The point is, insurance products and financial planning are not "usually" done by ones self, there are people that get paid to help others in that decision making process. In this thread the individual will need a bilingual person to work with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back