Come on China. Let's get it right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
China can build all the junk they wish, it costs them nothing. It just costs the end user and or the retailer. China will get their junk parts back in the next scrap shipment, so they can make more junk with it. The sorry thing is they are perfectly capable of building the best of the best. They just choose not to.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Jarlaxle
What about Modine?

When the upper plastic tank cracked on the factory radiator, I went with a GM OE replacement for my Envoy. It was made in the U.S. by Modine, and I went ahead and bought another for future use.

If memory serves me right, it wasn't that much more than a Spectra. At the time, I guess Spectra's production was changing over from Canada to China and what you got was just your luck. Didn't want to risk it, and I'm glad I didn't.

When I bought a Spectra Premium for the Grand Marquis back in 2012, that was made in Canada. Now they're all made in China for that particular application. I'm not sure who makes the Motorcraft OE replacement, but I changed one over on a friend's '02 Crown Victoria a couple of months back and the one he bought from Ford had Made in U.S.A. on the box. It was a very decent unit.

My Caddy has a (custom) Modine radiator in it-a stock unit will not cool it. I honestly wonder now if I should start looking for a replacement NOW, if Modine no longer makes car radiators.

Back in 2018 I needed a radiator for my 2004 Dakota. I got a good deal from an online supplier on a Mexican made Valeo (which is an OEM supplier for some car manufacturers) and had good luck with them before. However, when I tried to install it, the top mounting brackets were both off by 3/4 of an inch because the core of the radiator was not perfectly square. I ended up making do with it because it did not leak and I needed the truck back the next day. So much for getting a better part because it wasn't made in China. From now on, I am going to try to stick with true OEM whenever possible for a part as critical as this.

What brand radiator was this, so I know not to buy it?

Please don't tell me it was a Denso, they're all I've got left for decent aftermarket parts for predominantly Japanese vehicles

How's everyone liking Denso radiators these days?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back