Castrol and NASCAR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Roush #6 Mustang will be using Castrol Oil this season

A15E924D-6E4F-42A7-B806-BC757BEFB4D5.jpeg

Interesting that they were sponsored by Performance Plus oil just a few seasons ago and Valveoline NextGen prior to that. Valvoline is now with Hendrick, probably as a B2B deal with his dealerships. Stewart Haas Racing has the Mobil 1 sponsorship deal, although they seem to be sponsoring a lot of the Toyota development drivers. Team Penske is pretty entrenched in the Shell/Pennzoil offerings.

Yeah it's nice to see Castrol getting involved in NASCAR and mixing it up with Mobil and Pennzoil.
Also seems to be a little relationship starting to grow with Ford and Castrol. Castrol was heavily involved in the Ford GT IMSA series as well.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by kstanf150
Also seems to be a little relationship starting to grow with Ford and Castrol.

If you're bored, look at some owner's manuals for Ford's EU models (and possibly other regions). They include Castrol logos and say things like "the engine in your Mondeo (Fusion in NA) was developed using Castrol engine oil...." or along with the Ford oil spec, they also refer to Castrol Magnatec oil as a preferred oil.

Originally Posted by hallstevenson
Also seems to be a little relationship starting to grow with Ford and Castrol.

If you're bored, look at some owner's manuals for Ford's EU models (and possibly other regions). They include Castrol logos and say things like "the engine in your Mondeo (Fusion in NA) was developed using Castrol engine oil...." or along with the Ford oil spec, they also refer to Castrol Magnatec oil as a preferred oil.

Hmmmm very interesting.

Not sure if this link will take you directly there, but here it is: http://www.fordservicecontent.com/F...ilteringEnabled=False&userMarket=IRL

For the 1.5L Ecoboost, here's the text related to engine oil:

Specifications
Use oil and fluid that meets the defined specification and viscosity grade.
Note: Use of other fluids may lead to damage which is not covered by your vehicle's warranty.
Materials

Name Specification
Ford-Castrol Magnatec WSS-M2C948-B

Ford-Castrol Magnatec WSS-M2C913-D

Antifreeze Super Plus Premium
FU7J-19544-xx WSS-M97B44-D

Antifreeze Super Plus Premium Ready Mix
2U2J-19544-xxxx WSS-M97B44-D2

Brake Fluid DOT 4 LV High Performance
BU7J-M6C65-xxxx WSS-M6C65-A2

Windshield Washer Fluid WSS-M14P19-A

The engine has been designed to be used with Castrol and Ford Engine Oil, which gives a fuel economy benefit while maintaining the durability of the engine.
Adding oil: If you are unable to find an oil that meets the specification defined by WSS-M2C948-B or WSS-M2C913-C, you must use SAE 5W-20 or SAE 5W-30 that meets the specification defined by ACEA A5/B5.
Note: Do not use more than 1 L between scheduled service intervals.
Using oils other than the one specified can result in longer engine cranking periods, reduced engine performance, reduced fuel economy and increased emission levels.
Missing Image
We recommend Castrol and Ford engine oils and lubricants.

Note: The "missing image" text is where a big, ole Castrol logo appears in the manual. I added some of the bold and italics.

That's about as clear as it gets. I'd vote for Castrol to be the bottler for their MC line of oil and fluids here in USA

Well for a while in the mid 2000's Ford had a BP logo on the gas caps. They stopped around when the oil rig let go in the Gulf of Mexico, then eliminated gas caps.

That's about as clear as it gets. I'd vote for Castrol to be the bottler for their MC line of oil and fluids here in USA

I'm with you-I'm not a huge fan of the ConocoPhillips Motorcraft synblend oil, but I'm a HUGE fan of Magnatec!

Originally Posted by bdcardinal
Well for a while in the mid 2000's Ford had a BP logo on the gas caps. They stopped around when the oil rig let go in the Gulf of Mexico, then eliminated gas caps.

True, my wife's 2008 Escape has the BP logo on the gas cap.

Originally Posted by bullwinkle

I'm with you-I'm not a huge fan of the ConocoPhillips Motorcraft synblend oil, but I'm a HUGE fan of Magnatec!

I'm as big a Ford fan as there is, but I don't use their fluids. I know there's guys that log tons of miles using it but in most cases you can buy better for equal or less money

Are you hoping/wishing Castrol would make Motorcraft oil or thinking they already are ? I buy/use Castrol on my own and it's lower cost than Motorcraft anyway.

We must boldly speculate where others have never been - I wonder if Ford/GM are not deeper into PVL coventurers contracts - seems like all the Mobil stuff is CoP66 now.
CVXPhillips did expansions around here in the last 2 years

Originally Posted by hallstevenson

Are you hoping/wishing Castrol would make Motorcraft oil or thinking they already are ? I buy/use Castrol on my own and it's lower cost than Motorcraft anyway.

Hope / Wish
I'll say both

ConocoPhillips makes MC oil

Last edited:
Neat paint scheme. There was a Castrol sponsored Chevy monte carlo in the Busch series in 1999 I believe. Driver was Casey Atwood. Its featured on just about every nascar crash compilation on YouTube, as it went airborne at Daytona.

Originally Posted by Red91
Neat paint scheme. There was a Castrol sponsored Chevy monte carlo in the Busch series in 1999 I believe. Driver was Casey Atwood. Its featured on just about every nascar crash compilation on YouTube, as it went airborne at Daytona.

Yes sir you are correct, I'd totally forgot about Casey and the Castrol car back then. IIRC they didn't use very much green in the paint scheme mostly black and white with a little green around the bottom

Originally Posted by 4WD
And John Force is running Peak

And it is a Chevy body with an engine based on a Chrysler Hemi with no parts from Chrysler whatsoever.

Originally Posted by 4WD
And John Force is running Peak

...³...³ðŸ¥´ðŸ¥´ðŸ¤£ðŸ¤£ðŸ¤£
4WD that's funny !!!
All he's running is the paint scene for Peak

Originally Posted by bdcardinal

True, my wife's 2008 Escape has the BP logo on the gas cap.

as does mom's '09 Taurus(Sept '08 Build Date), but interestingly, my '09 Sable (Aug '08 Build Date) didn't...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back