2020 Dodge Durango GT

Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all, the overwhelming majority of FCA owners are happy. Second, they do indeed have some real dogs in their line up.

Our anecdotal experience is good here. We own a 300C SRT8 bought new in 05, as well as a 14 RAM sport. Both have been exemplary combinations of performance and reliability. 300 has 100k miles on it and just ran a 12.56! Amazingly tight and well built car.

Nothing done to the RAM but a glove box latch. Nearly perfect. Just short of 90k miles.

Based on my experience traveling all over the country to road course track days and car meets there are far more happy owners than unhappy.

Positive anecdotal experience only counts when it relates to Toyota or Honda. Hyundai was getting there, but recent engine problems may have tempered that a bit.

Only negative anecdotal experience counts when it comes to Chrysler, Ford and GM products, even if it comes from a fifth hand.

Happy FCA minivan owner here, but I know it counts for nothing.

Originally Posted by KrisZ
Positive anecdotal experience only counts when it relates to Toyota or Honda. Hyundai was getting there, but recent engine problems may have tempered that a bit.

Only negative anecdotal experience counts when it comes to Chrysler, Ford and GM products, even if it comes from a fifth hand.

Happy FCA minivan owner here, but I know it counts for nothing.

JD Power, CR, etc. Dont apply to Chrysler, lol

FWIW my wife has a newer FCA Jeep (Cherokee 4WD) and it had one issue with "service shifter" light on. Fixed under warranty and no other issues. I've always had good service from them. I find their reliability about the same if not better than the competition. Cherokee is the most American car there is but the OP was looking at a Durango so I'll assume he needs something bigger.

Last edited:
Gotta love the haters. I own a 2013 3.6l Durango, bought it new. It has been properly serviced and has 121k miles. Gets 26 mpg at 75 mph. Has pulled an enclosed trailer with 2 motorcycles at least 20k. It has been properly serviced. No breakdowns, still on OE brake pads,battery and struts. Replaced two tail light bulbs and a fog lamp bulb. No oil consupmtion, still reads full at 5k oil change. Planning to run it to 200k at which time my 2018 300 will have approx 100k. At that time I will trade it for another FCA product. I hope they have a mid size truck.

Originally Posted by MotoGuzzi
Gotta love the haters. I own a 2013 3.6l Durango, bought it new. It has been properly serviced and has 121k miles. Gets 26 mpg at 75 mph. Has pulled an enclosed trailer with 2 motorcycles at least 20k. It has been properly serviced. No breakdowns, still on OE brake pads,battery and struts. Replaced two tail light bulbs and a fog lamp bulb. No oil consupmtion, still reads full at 5k oil change. Planning to run it to 200k at which time my 2018 300 will have approx 100k. At that time I will trade it for another FCA product. I hope they have a mid size truck.

I will buy a new Dakota in a heartbeat!

2015 Overland Hemi, just had waterpump done started to weep short of 50k, worked for me, free water pump and coolant, sprung for new t-stat and serp belt. so coolant all changed and good to go. cost me 50$ for t-stat and belt.

no other issues, have maxi care lifetime warranty. I believe they increased warranty anyways on hemi water pumps to 10 yr 120K miles.

done oil changes, gear oils, t-case, power steering fluid and trans fluid and filter air filter and pcv, basic maintenance

very cheap to own so far, easy to work on

Thanks everyone for a great feedback. After 4 days of driving this car i have to say i'm quite impressed with it's performance (not so much with fuel economy). I'll certainly have it on a short list when shopping for an SUV

Originally Posted by VNTS
2015 Overland Hemi, just had waterpump done started to weep short of 50k, worked for me, free water pump and coolant, sprung for new t-stat and serp belt. so coolant all changed and good to go. cost me 50$ for t-stat and belt.

no other issues, have maxi care lifetime warranty. I believe they increased warranty anyways on hemi water pumps to 10 yr 120K miles.

done oil changes, gear oils, t-case, power steering fluid and trans fluid and filter air filter and pcv, basic maintenance

Nice! yet another issue mine had. $800ish, if you don't have a warranty for that water pump (I did, t hankfully. Dumped my Jeep right as I timed out on the warranty).

Originally Posted by parshisa
Thanks everyone for a great feedback. After 4 days of driving this car i have to say i'm quite impressed with it's performance (not so much with fuel economy). I'll certainly have it on a short list when shopping for an SUV

Durango GT doesn't have much performance vs the economy it gets. If you want a sportier SUV with decent economy, Dodge isn't the place to be looking until you get to Hellcat status where your alternatives are all DEEP into the 6 figure range.

Originally Posted by Ws6

Durango GT doesn't have much performance vs the economy it gets. If you want a sportier SUV with decent economy, Dodge isn't the place to be looking until you get to Hellcat status where your alternatives are all DEEP into the 6 figure range.

Somewhat agree... the v6 is surprisingly good, even in a 5100+lb, AWD tank. Not the quickest thing on the road, but certainly not the slowest. 5.7 IMO doesn't justify the cost or real world MPG hit for the 65-70hp and 130ft lb bump in power. V6 can move an AWD beast to 60 in 7.9 seconds according to motortrend.

The SRT is a whole different animal... that thing moves. Not like a track hawk, but still impressive.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Skippy722
Originally Posted by Ws6

Somewhat agree... the v6 is surprisingly good, even in a 5100+lb, AWD tank. Not the quickest thing on the road, but certainly not the slowest. 5.7 IMO doesn't justify the cost or real world MPG hit for the 65-70hp and 130ft lb bump in power. V6 can move an AWD beast to 60 in 7.9 seconds according to motortrend.

The SRT is a whole different animal... that thing moves. Not like a track hawk, but still impressive.

The GV80 will slaughter the Durango/Explorer/Tahoe class, IMO, dollar for dollar, feature for feature, and likely in quality/reliability, as well.

Originally Posted by Ws6

The GV80 will slaughter the Durango/Explorer/Tahoe class, IMO, dollar for dollar, feature for feature, and likely in quality/reliability, as well.

Not gonna lie, I hadn't heard about the GV80. But man that thing looks SHARP!

Originally Posted by Ws6
Originally Posted by Skippy722
Originally Posted by Ws6

One to watch for sure.

Originally Posted by OVERKILL

One to watch for sure.

The Koreans are new to the game, and are doing everything in-house. Historically, this leads to industry shake-ups and class-leading products.

Originally Posted by Ws6
Originally Posted by OVERKILL

One to watch for sure.

The Koreans are new to the game, and are doing everything in-house. Historically, this leads to industry shake-ups and class-leading products.

Note that they contracted their suspension setup on their big money cars to Lotus, not quite everything done in house.

Originally Posted by Ws6

Nice! yet another issue mine had. $800ish, if you don't have a warranty for that water pump (I did, t hankfully. Dumped my Jeep right as I timed out on the warranty).

ok so we see your a mazda fan, FYI FCA increased warranty on all hemi water pumps to 10 yrs 120k.
My Overland has all the nice luxury trim and nothing else has been a problem, it a solid felling SUV and that is why they move over 200k units of these things every year. Many people repeat buyers. If you want a luxury SUV with n-s engine, a nice V6 or V8s they are a nice option to look at. oh, if there was no warranty, could get another WP from mopar and change it in under an hour, very easy repair. and yes you are correct, water pumps should not fail so soon, they revised the part in 2017. like all oems these days stuff like this happens.

Originally Posted by Ws6

ok so we see your a mazda fan, FYI FCA increased warranty on all hemi water pumps to 10 yrs 120k.
My Overland has all the nice luxury trim and nothing else has been a problem, it a solid felling SUV and that is why they move over 200k units of these things every year. Many people repeat buyers. If you want a luxury SUV with n-s engine, a nice V6 or V8s they are a nice option to look at. oh, if there was no warranty, could get another WP from mopar and change it in under an hour, very easy repair. and yes you are correct, water pumps should not fail so soon, they revised the part in 2017. like all oems these days stuff like this happens.

I think they sell because they are cheap.

Originally Posted by Ws6
Originally Posted by Ws6

I think they sell because they are cheap.

I guess 50k for an Overland is cheap;), per the genesis, not in the same class, probably cant tow crap with gv80, looks like an over priced wagon to me, not interested in a twin turbo six nightmare, for same coin could get an SRT or slightly more a Trackhawk, will take V8 any day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back