Synthetic Power Steering Fluid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a '99 Wrangler and an '08 Silverado and they both are in need of a power steering fluid replacement. I'm wanting to go with a synthetic this time around but there doesn't seem to be too many options especially that are available locally. The main options that I can readily pick up locally are Driven Synthetic psf, Royal Purple MaxEZ psf, and Prestone Full Syn psf for American vehicles.

There's always Amsoil but that's likely going to be pricier and not as readily available. Are there any other brands I should be looking at? The prestone full syn seems to be the best deal.

Red Line makes a synthetic PSF, if your application calls for ATF you can use M1 or MaxLife.

Last edited:
The lubegard and redline seem to show that they're for power steering systems using ATF.

Originally Posted by TXCarGeek
The lubegard and redline seem to show that they're for power steering systems using ATF.

confused.gif

negative and negative.

Discountdon, do you have any relationship with Lubegard or ILI? Just asking since you post about them a lot and you have the whole "secret blending facility" thingy in your location.

Originally Posted by kschachn
Discountdon, do you have any relationship with Lubegard or ILI? Just asking since you post about them a lot and you have the whole "secret blending facility" thingy in your location.

blush.gif
I wish I had, I'd be offering discounts and group buys for all of y'all!

I also do do not have relationships nor own any stock in the following companies: Kano-Labs, Royal Dutch Shell, Valvoline, Auto-Rx, Sea Foam Sales, Rislone, STP, Berryman Products, nor The Marvel Mystery Oil Company
shocked2.gif

I blend my own fuel additives from various off the shelf chemicals
whistle.gif

I was introduced to LG from this very forum many years ago, nothing but good results. I'm excited and looking forward to get my hands on their new Honda/Acura PSF (will update my thread), and currently thinking of ditching my plans for DW-1 for LG's Complete Synthetic ATF in a 6-gallon tetrapak
hooked.gif

A, B, C: always be closing... ALWAYS BE CLOSING!

Originally Posted by discountdon

confused.gif

negative and negative.

The link you shared literally shows all ATF specs for LG. As for Redline, this is a quote from their website: "can be used where the manufacturer calls for any automatic transmission fluid"

confused.gif

negative and negative.

The link you shared literally shows all ATF specs for LG. As for Redline, this is a quote from their website: "can be used where the manufacturer calls for any automatic transmission fluid"

that's the nature of all 'universal' PSF... obviously you can't use it the other way around!

Originally Posted by kstanf150
Here ya go
Good ole Wally World

That's the one I'm most inclined to use...great price

Originally Posted by kstanf150
Here ya go
Good ole Wally World

That's the one I'm most inclined to use...great price

Prestone Synthetic PSF $6.36 for 12 oz. = $0.53/oz
Lubegard Synthetic PSF $15.40 for 32 oz. = $0.48125/oz
Redline Synthetic PSF $14.80 for 32 oz. = $0.4625/oz

I prefer the superior lower priced options.

Unless I can find those other ones locally, shipping costs are going to have to be calculated in.

Amazon prime free shipping

If you have Amazon prime
This is a no brainer for sure !

B1624A5A-52E4-48B0-93F1-C0C713EB9CC5.jpeg

Last edited:
Don't pay for Prime regularly. Generally isn't worth it for my needs. Sometimes I'll take advantage of the occasional free month that amazon gives me but I don't have a continuous membership.

Looks like LG can be had at my local O'reilly though.

Don't pay for Prime regularly. Generally isn't worth it for my needs. Sometimes I'll take advantage of the occasional free month that amazon gives me but I don't have a continuous membership.

discountdon's influence is felt
wink.gif

my job is done, goodnight!

discountdon's influence is felt
wink.gif

my job is done, goodnight!

Is LG a clear/amber fluid like most other PSFs?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back