RV Freightliner Cummins ISB 6.7 oil question

Status
Not open for further replies.
My parents have a new Tiffin Allegro with the Cummins ISB 6.7, its a Freightliner chassis. The RV is in Florida and will spend most of the time east of the rockies. I tried to look on the website for service information but Tiffin is really lacking on this material. Since this will be under constant load ( heavy RV ) and spend most of the time in warm weather what oil would be good to use? Also, OCI's? I was thinking Rotella T 15w40 @ 7500 miles, any suggestions?

And surely the owner's manual gives an oil specification, approval or license, does it not? I'd follow that in order to do what I could to comply with warranty requirements for such an expensive new vehicle (and engine).

Unless you wish to tell the service advisor you were counseled to do differently based on advice you received on an Internet chat board.

A friend of mine runs a hot shot trucking business. He uses Dodge trucks with that same basic 6.7 cummins. He runs rotella 5w40 year round and has never had any engine problems. Its the transmissions that are the problem.

I'm running Rotella 15w40 in my RAM 3500 6.7 Cummins powered Dually. Pretty much all it does is pull the 26k+ 5th wheel. 35k+ GCVW. Ambient temps from around 0° to 100°+ F. I change it based on time, rather than miles. No problems.

Originally Posted by 02SE
I'm running Rotella 15w40 in my RAM 3500 6.7 Cummins powered Dually. Pretty much all it does is pull the 26k+ 5th wheel. 35k+ GCVW. Ambient temps from around 0° to 100°+ F. I change it based on time, rather than miles. No problems.

Are you talking about T4, T5 or T6 Rotella? I've been seriously considering using T4 in my new 2500 w/6.7. The T4 Rotella is available everywhere here in the South but I don't know about elsewhere. I'm currently running T6 15-40 but getting it is sketchy at times. I've only got 4K miles on it so far and having to do OCI every 6 months it's only going to see 4-6000 miles and that's if I'm traveling.

Originally Posted by tundraotto
Rotella T5 15W-40 is on sale at walmart and amazon for $9.55/gallon right now....

Thanks. I'll check it out.

Originally Posted by OLEJOE
Originally Posted by 02SE

Are you talking about T4, T5 or T6 Rotella? I've been seriously considering using T4 in my new 2500 w/6.7. The T4 Rotella is available everywhere here in the South but I don't know about elsewhere. I'm currently running T6 15-40 but getting it is sketchy at times. I've only got 4K miles on it so far and having to do OCI every 6 months it's only going to see 4-6000 miles and that's if I'm traveling.

T4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back