hotshot fr3 oil additive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw this on the shelf at the local O'Reily's, the viscosity did seem quite thick, almost like a 40 grade oil and the color was pretty much clear. It does have good reviews on Amazon with people reporting smoother running engines but i think that could also just be a side effect of the viscosity. I'm always skeptical of these new products so i'm curious myself if its effective. I like to experiment with these additives on my small worn out lawnmowers, pressure washers etc. Not sure i'd use it in a car unless it was a beater on its last leg.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by JmanG
Saw this on the shelf at the local O'Reily's, the viscosity did seem quite thick, almost like a 40 grade oil and the color was pretty much clear. It does have good reviews on Amazon with people reporting smoother running engines but i think that could also just be a side effect of the viscosity. I'm always skeptical of these new products so i'm curious myself if its effective. I like to experiment with these additives on my small worn out lawnmowers, pressure washers etc. Not sure i'd use it in a car unless it was a beater on its last leg.

The bottles of FR3 I have seen the oil inside is very thin, very similar to a bottle of 0W5 racing oil I had seen before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back