MOVIE: Dr. Dolittle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Talking animals given good lines AND 2 for 1 Tuesdays at an adorable small town theater got us out.

+: Kid friendly and has a plot with progression and a small, well timed "feel good" twist.
There's a stand-out pivotal character (dragon) who's depth and eye catching appearance provides the high bar for both dialogue and empathy.
It's hard to make a crazy movie like this perfectly.
There's always "slop" in a movie designed for international distribution, alas, this one is clumsy.

Robert, Antonio, Rami, Emma and others provide characters and voices. 'Twas well cast.

Harnessing a whale to effect a sailboat's escape from an attacking steam powered frigate is a nice involved touch for BITOGers.
However, the dopey dialogue between the bad guy and the navel officers piloting the armored ship (think Wild, Wild West spider) is beyond forced.

The bad guy?....gets eaten by bats. OK with me but Scorpio's demise in the quarry (Dirty Harry) was better.

Want a parallel? Way more sophisticated (and better) than "A Night at the Museum" but cut from similar cloth. G&K

Thanks for the review.
55.gif
But I never do indoor shows during flu season.
31.gif

The trailer makes it look depressing, but she wants to see it when it's on Redbox.

We just watched Joker, per her request, a few weeks ago, also very depressing. Lol

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
Thanks for the review.
55.gif
But I never do indoor shows during flu season.
31.gif

Very good advice there. Youd look silly sitting there in a P 100 mask . All the kiddies would laugh. Of course not knowing that it's them you are protecting yourself from. When it comes to disease spread mosquitos get 1St place rats n mice get 2nd while the humble school kid runs a close third🙊. They bring EVERYTHING home to share.

Just wait for it to hit Netflix, then watch at home. I very rarely go to the theater, and often have some regret when I do (volume too loud or wanted to hit pause). Plus it's cheaper at home.

I can't wait to watch it with the kiddos on Bluray. Thanks for the review!

For the first time in months, the wife and I got out for a date night this past weekend. We ate Smash Burgers and watched Bad Boys for Life. It was exactly what I expected out of the franchise - enjoyable, but nowhere near excellent. As always, you've got to hit the "I believe button" multiple times throughout.

Originally Posted by gathermewool
For the first time in months, the wife and I got out for a date night this past weekend. We ate Smash Burgers and watched Bad Boys for Life. It was exactly what I expected out of the franchise - enjoyable, but nowhere near excellent.

That's good to hear--we've been starting to watch movies again, and watched the first one last weekend. Probably watch #2 this weekend, so if the third "isn't bad" then we know what else to watch.

Originally Posted by Kira
Want a parallel? Way more sophisticated (and better) than "A Night at the Museum" but cut from similar cloth.

Yeah, but Night at the Museum had Carla Gugino in it... just sayin'
smile.gif

Thanks for the review!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back