F1 filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone heard or seen this brand at all? Can get 12 for $35 shipped

397A2523-D2EA-406B-B21B-C37F200B8D78.jpeg

AB62EC4D-4A10-47EC-AF6C-C200FAE3F1A9.jpeg

I typically/generally have had very good luck with Korean filters,

and the various ones I see cut open on here also fare very well.

You can get a Champ Labs Suoer tech USA made nice filter for under $3 that is for Toyota. Or get a pack of ten genuine Toyota for about $35 shipped last time I looked. Maybe they are a little more now. Or Denso from Amazon for $4.50 appx. Not sure why "F1" unknown brand unknown everything is so attractive over those.

I just went with the PTL57064MP 12 pack by Protec. Made by wix so they can't be bad. After all said and done, tax, shipping etc, each filter comes to $3.30 each.

I ran the same type of cheapie Ebay special Korean cartridge filters on my 2010 Corolla and they did fine on 5K mile OCI's. The couple of times I pushed them out to 10K OCI, the resin they use on the top and bottom was cracked and flaking when I took out for replacement.

Check to be sure the ends of the pleats are glued shut to prevent unfiltered oil bypassing around the end. I've seen some endcapless cartridges that size that apparently were not properly glued. (The ones from Toyota and Denso are.)

You can get Walmart's ST10358 that size for $3, and it's made in USA, supposedly by Wix

Originally Posted by Bettez88
The new supertech filters are made by champ labs
Are you sure about that? All applications, including your cartridge?

I had been in the store and looked at them that's why I was able to post correct information they are Super tech by Champ. The end caps that capture the media for gluing seems like a better end cap than a flat plate.

Originally Posted by Bettez88
Yes if you go to champs website you can see the design there.

https://champfiltration.com/single-product/?partnumber=P980XL&id=20022

Here's the supertech:
Yes, that Champ looks a lot like the Supertech. So does the equivalent Fram Extra Guard 10358, except the media. Specifically, the Fram and Supertech end caps appear identical. Is Champ making them for Fram too, or vice versa? A few weeks ago, someone posted in BitOG that Wix makes that cartridge, although everyone seems to agree that Champ makes all or most of the current Supertech spin-on filters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back