Which air filter for RAV 4 Hybrid

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Chinese Denso filters off rockauto seem to fit extremely well in any Toyota application.

They recently revised the one for my Prius and it is almost identical to the dealer one.

Toyota dealer or Denso. Three plies. One dealer I know is very reasonable, not all are. Some retail car dealers sell on ebay like Conicelli Toyota, if that;s spelled right. They are in PA I think.

I would go with the one that is most convenient to buy. You will not see or feel a difference. But I would stay away from K&N.

I thought air filter was good for 120k? I'd just go OEM and call it a day.

Cabin filters, I tend to order OEM in bulk, but if you're changing twice a year it might be worthwhile to shop around. Check to see if it's activated charcoal or not; if it is, you might not be happy if you skimp on that.

Originally Posted by supton

Maybe for the "lifetime" air filters on some of the Focus in the mid 2000's, but every Toyota has always required air filter changes at 3/30K.

Originally Posted by The Critic

Maybe for the "lifetime" air filters on some of the Focus in the mid 2000's, but every Toyota has always required air filter changes at 3/30K.

Huh? How did I miss that? I swear, I *did* read the manuals. But you appear to be right. I really wish they'd put a better table into the manual. Give me the info both ways--a checklist, but also a simple callout that says plugs every 120k, air filter every 30k, oil every 5 or 10k.

Well, I think I proved to myself that the filters are good for 120k! 'cept the one that had a rodent chew a hole through it, that's almost a reason to check monthly... Guess I need to buy some filters.

OEM. There's a difference in how they build them. Most of the aftermarket ones come from the same plants in China and Korea, some do use double-layer media.

For Toyotas using the all-fiber filters, I don't like the aftermarket plastic frame designs as the seal can twist out of shape.

Cabin filters, I tend to order OEM in bulk, but if you're changing twice a year it might be worthwhile to shop around. Check to see if it's activated charcoal or not; if it is, you might not be happy if you skimp on that.

Really, OEM cabin filters. Toyota makes Audi look like a bargain shop when it comes to pricing of there cabin filters.

Originally Posted by NH73

Really, OEM cabin filters. Toyota makes Audi look like a bargain shop when it comes to pricing of there cabin filters.

Toyota Oem cabin filters are overpriced and super flimsy. Just get whatever cabin filter is convenient

Originally Posted by Bettez88
Originally Posted by NH73

Toyota Oem cabin filters are overpriced and super flimsy. Just get whatever cabin filter is convenient

Yes and that is even minus the outrageous fee the Stealership charges you to install one.

How much are you paying? I don't remember what my last batch cost, but a quick look showed $10-12 per on Ebay. Not sure what a bulk buy would net.

... Toyota Oem cabin filters are overpriced and super flimsy. Just get whatever cabin filter is convenient
Why is this in Engine Air Filters?

Originally Posted by CR94
... Toyota Oem cabin filters are overpriced and super flimsy. Just get whatever cabin filter is convenient
Why is this in Engine Air Filters?
Because some one mentioned about just buying OEM cabin filters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back