2012 Acura TSX Wagon

Status
Not open for further replies.
The reason to buy this over a golf sportwagen would be for higher reliability, that TSX 4 cylinder powertrain is really good in that respect. The golf beats it in all other catagories for similar money and is decently reliable still. I wouldn't trade my golf for it but its a solid reliable vehicle.

Originally Posted by Linctex
They would never ask that price for that car in Texas.

I'd say it's a $8k car In DFW, tops.

really? Because a nation-wide search shows one TSX wagon priced less than this one, if you're looking at cars under 90K miles. The price on that car is good, regardless of location.

Originally Posted by dareo
The reason to buy this over a golf sportwagen would be for higher reliability, that TSX 4 cylinder powertrain is really good in that respect. The golf beats it in all other catagories for similar money and is decently reliable still. I wouldn't trade my golf for it but its a solid reliable vehicle.

While I get what you're saying, I think a 2-3 year old sportwagen is going to win on reliability compared to a 15 year old TSW wagon. Little stuff like motor mounts, suspension bushings etc. is all going to be more problematic on an older car. And really, the drivetrain on the MK7 is just as bombproof. The 2011 TSX actually had a fair number of engine problems with the oil control rings (think they fixed it in 2012). The only real issue w/the VW is the pano roof leaks.

Originally Posted by JOD
Originally Posted by WhyMe
always loved the looks. what do you guys think of them. Any issues i should look for when scopng them out?

https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/ctd/d/bellevue-2012-acura-tsx-sport-wagon/7050495769.html

So, I actually drove that car about 6 weeks ago when a friend was car shopping. There is some weirdness going on with the front end. I don't know if it's a tire out of balance or if there's a suspension issue, but it definitely needs to be addressed. That could be part of the reason that it's been on the lot so long.

The interior cargo space is disappointing. The rear strut towers each up a lot of space. My Golf seems to have just as much usable cargo space, even if the numbers are different. Visibility was poor. Honestly, I can't think of a compelling reason to pick this over a used VW MK7 Sportwagen. As a wagon guy, I wanted to like it, because I was always interested in this car..but I was honestly a bit disappointed.

Probably needs the compliance bushings done. If they're worn out it will cause funky handling and tire wear. That's the biggest wear point on the front end of this generation Honda/Acura.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back