Wire harness/connector

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I have looked all over trying to find a replacement connector to my TPMS for my '06 Chrysler 300C. The dealer wants almost $90 for it, and the one web site that I find one at wants $75. I have shopped around and no one has one or is willing to part with one from a wrecking yard/parts car. Anyone know of a secret wire harness company/web site? Here is a picture of what I am looking for, a mouse or something ate through my wiring and didn't leave enough to reconnect which is why I am looking for a new connector end.

Stupid wiring.jpg

The dealer will only sell you the entire wiring harness.
They will NOT splice on a new connector.

Your only other possible source will be the auto wrecking yard. you may have to purchase the whole harness.
SOME places will allow you to cut just the connector/pigtail off.

Yeah, I assume most places wont want to cut a connector off when they could sell a whole harness. And I am thinking of trying to remove the pin and repairing it... I need an outside cat to chase these rodents away!

Originally Posted by Redright9
Yeah, I assume most places wont want to cut a connector off when they could sell a whole harness. And I am thinking of trying to remove the pin and repairing it... I need an outside cat to chase these rodents away!

Mouse Blocker Pro under the hood.

Check RockAuto for a pigtail connector? Not sure if they have it but if it exist, then they probably have it.

Otherwise, you need to get the tool to get the pin out.
I am sure you can probably source the pin only.

When you fix it, slit a thicker hose and put over the cables to wrap it.

Originally Posted by Linctex
The dealer will only sell you the entire wiring harness.
They will NOT splice on a new connector.

Your only other possible source will be the auto wrecking yard. you may have to purchase the whole harness.
SOME places will allow you to cut just the connector/pigtail off.

I sell pigtails all the time for Ford. MAzda even has them on some applications.

Take the hardshell connector apart and match up the terminal online. That's going to be your cheapest route.

The Ford dealer I'm at now sells pig tail connectors. The last dealer I worked at kept tons of terminals and we would replace those as needed or the pig tail if we could not match it up with anything.

The connector plugs directly into the TPMS sensor, so I am stuck keeping the same connector. I agree and the best route now is to remove the pin and try to solder on some wire. If that cant happen, then I may just need to spend the big money for a OE connector. Rock Auto doesnt stock them.

$90 for that little connector? That seems insane. Even for my old cars, BMW, Honda and Toyota all sell the shells and pins for a reasonable price. You don't need the shell even, just a couple new pins.

FWIW, the wiring diagram manual for my cars is where the part numbers for the connectors and pins is located.

I would use a short length of stiff copper wire to join the break and solder the joint for repair. Shrink tubing would seal the joint.

You should see if Chrysler sells repair wires (like VW & Audi), with the connector already crimped.

Then you can remove the damaged wire, splice in the new wire and insert into the harness connector.

Take the prong out clean it up. Usually tiny flat blade down back from top or bottom will release. Look closely you'll see which way it bends, then pull with needle nose. Dremel clean with 1" brush my favorite , or by hand. Strip back 1/2" wire slide a piece of heat shrink way up from heat and keep it there . Solder the wire into the pin . Shove it back into the block , If it doesn't click and lock pull out and bend the tab out a smidge, reinsert. Slide down the heat shrink and shrink with hair dryer / heat gun. You're done.
Personally I'd wrap that area with tape in case Mighty Mouse comes back for another try. Oh yea, check your cabin filter. You never know he may have dined inside a time or two before you took him for a rideðŸ€ðŸðŸ€. Snap traps with peanut butter☠ï¸. Never ever Decon / Tomcat or you may take him and his family for many smelly rides.🙊 . Cats are a waste of time , I have 4 far to busy( well fed) to chase mice
11.gif

If you can't solder find a junkyard and give em a call.

Last edited:
+3 on working the connector pin out. If you're really lucky you can do it with a jewelers flat screwdriver but the special tools are the way to go.

There's a spring loaded tang that locks the pin in, like a chinese finger-trap.

Take a dremel to the TPMS connector housing and then solder the wires onto the pins and sealed with potting or expoxy....

Use heat shrink butt connectors to attach to wire harness.

Last edited:
Those corroded connections are kinda like mice, no such thing as one. You can repair just about any of those molex connectors with a little effort. A nice iwiss molex cripmer sets you back about 20 bucks and the male/female ends set you back maybe 10-20 cents a piece. The small fine blades to release them from the plastic block are worth the 3 or four bucks. I've had to replace ALOT on my 95 geo tracker that has terminal cancer. The learning curve is pretty quick once you do a couple and almost approaches fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back