Wrong oil or not ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just changed the oil on my neighbor's 2013 Citroën C4 1.6 HDi and after doing so i realized that's the jug she bought was "Total 5W30 Ineo Long Life" which is ACEA C3 and carries MB, BMW, VW and Porsche approvals but not PSA's.

The oil should be "Total 5W30 Ineo ECS" which is ACEA C2 and only has PSA B71 2290 approval.

I know that Total and PSA are hand in hand and Total has many fluids with only a PSA approval and PSA says not to use anything else than Total.

Can you give me your opinion on that ? I feel stupid for realizing that after the oil change is done. Also, i have zero experience with french cars and modern Diesels with particulate filters.

https://www.oilspecifications.org/acea.php

01.gif
it carries all "creme de la creme" specifications!

Thanks guys, i'll sleep better tonight ! It seems like viscosity is the biggest difference between these two oils when looking at the sheets. Maybe the lowest viscosity required by PSA is just some eco nonsense supposed to save .001 liter of fuel each tank...

Originally Posted by M119
Maybe the lowest viscosity required by PSA is just some eco nonsense supposed to save .001 liter of fuel each tank...

Its more like lower HTHS rating.......but one way or another you are corect!

Leave that CAFE nonsense for American coleagues
grin2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back