2012 Acura TSX Wagon

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's definitely unique, you don't see many of them! Very sharp looking.

Likely has potential for VCT start up rattle and oil burning issues just like all K24Z motors. As long as it has been maintained well and seems to be in good condition I'd go for it. Those are sharp looking wagons.

I like them! The TSX is wagon is awesome
happy2.gif

Wagons are the greatest body style, and Honda makes great cars
smile.gif

The thing I like about that particular one, is in white it looks VERY classy.
So much, that on quick glance I'd think it was an equivalent aged MB wagon - but more reliable and fuel efficient.

Just wish they offered them north of the border
frown.gif

Been trying to get the wife to agree to one to replace her Accord, but she wants a CRV instead. Still going to keep trying though, I think they're a good looking car.

I'm a long roof man, but that model looks a little under-powered to me. Was there another engine choice for that year?

Last edited:
I had an 09 TSX sedan with the 6spd. Only thing to really watch out for is oil consumption. Acura rolled out a TSB a few years ago willing to do tests to see if your motor qualified. Value on these have really tanked since Honda/Acura killed the TSX/TL in favor of the TLX.

Always wanted a TSX wagon with the V6, but alas, no. Throw on a modulo front bumper and they look pretty sweet. Go all out and put on a Mugen front bumper if you have the funds/mod bug/like to stand out. The 2nd gen TSX K24Z3 doesn't get much love (fake vtec) here in NA, but they have quite a tuner's following in Europe.

I absolutely loved ours. We put about 60k on it and sold it. It's one of a handful of cars that I regret selling.

My wife didn't like it because it was too low to the ground for her. She also would hit stuff with it because...well....ahem.

I think about that car all the time.

[Linked Image]

I didn't know those existed or at least were offered in the US. I had to flip through the images to see if it was RHD !

Originally Posted by WhyMe
always loved the looks. what do you guys think of them. Any issues i should look for when scopng them out?

https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/ctd/d/bellevue-2012-acura-tsx-sport-wagon/7050495769.html

So, I actually drove that car about 6 weeks ago when a friend was car shopping. There is some weirdness going on with the front end. I don't know if it's a tire out of balance or if there's a suspension issue, but it definitely needs to be addressed. That could be part of the reason that it's been on the lot so long.

The interior cargo space is disappointing. The rear strut towers each up a lot of space. My Golf seems to have just as much usable cargo space, even if the numbers are different. Visibility was poor. Honestly, I can't think of a compelling reason to pick this over a used VW MK7 Sportwagen. As a wagon guy, I wanted to like it, because I was always interested in this car..but I was honestly a bit disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back