Color difference?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just sending away two different HDEO samples for VOA (since I haven't seen these two particular flavors' reports, yet) and noticed a big difference in color/hue of the two oils.

Rotella T6 and Delvac ESP were both a darker amber like the Delo is, haven't seen anything quite as light as the Castrol.

Not sure what, if any, correlation color has with performance/additives/base stock but well, there it is.

I found it interesting, anyways...
lol.gif

[Linked Image]

Last edited:
I'm hoping to learn and share the report containing TBN and the values of the additives.

Why do you ask?

Originally Posted by HDoilDude
I'm hoping to learn and share the report containing TBN and the values of the additives.

Why do you ask?

Like I mentioned I was just curious.

I first thought that the darker the oil, the heavier the grade/weight. Then I discovered BITOG and learned that it's a dye added to the oils from the mfg/blenders/oil co's. Then I figured that they put in the dye for marketing reasons so we could more or less see what we were getting. Sorts like what I used to think prior to BOB's(heavier = darker). But today I see that this is not always the case.

I too remember hearing/reading here at BOB's that the dye is a very costly additive.

Originally Posted by aquariuscsm
Anyone who's ever used Valvoline,that stuff is as clear as water!

VOA will reveal it's probably similar to water too!
27.gif

Looking forward to seeing the results of the VOA for Castrol GTX Diesel 15W40 CK4, especially since this oil does not get much PR on BITOG. Castrol is supposedly in the process of getting OEM approvals. I appreciate and thank you for doing a VOA.

Originally Posted by rileyc
Looking forward to seeing the results of the VOA for Castrol GTX Diesel 15W40 CK4, especially since this oil does not get much PR on BITOG. Castrol is supposedly in the process of getting OEM approvals. I appreciate and thank you for doing a VOA.

Thank you for the kind words.

The Castrol is up in the VOA section!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back