supertec cartridge filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Walmart finally has these for wife's rav4. decided to try one . at 3$ its a bargin compared to the 10-11$ for fram and mobil 1 . they also sell Toyota brand filter now-6-7$ . its got open media. I am doing 8-9k oci with mobil 1 0-20w. the supertec looked well made

Post up some photos.
grin2.gif

A few months ago, someone posted here that they (at least the smaller ST10358 model cartridge ) are made by Wix, although construction appears identical to the corresponding Fram Extra Guard, except the media.

I've been doing oil changes for a friend with a corolla that takes a cartridge. He bought the cheapest one at Autozone or Advance (STP maybe?) and after the first change, that thing was still very rigid and had plenty of life left. I'm amazed how the cartridge filters hold up.

I have been ordering my oil filters from rockauto.com , 6 or 12 at a time to " spread out " the freight charge .

Originally Posted by WyrTwister
I have been ordering my oil filters from rockauto.com , 6 or 12 at a time to " spread out " the freight charge .

I regret not stocking up when they still sold ecoguards. They were a few bucks but now don't carry them anymore.

If you need the Toyota cartridge oil filter and don't mind buying in bulk, here it is:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ten-10-04152-YZZA1-Genuine-Toyota-Oil-Filters-with-Drain-Gaskets-Camry-Avalon/352570580274?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l9372

Just back from WM. Took a stroll to automotive dept, checked out topic ST9972 cartridge. Looked well made, tight uniform pleating, orings and plastic drain included. Fwiw, made in the US. Seems worth ~$3 asking price.

i was impressed with the quality of the supertec cartridge also. o ckecked it against the lower cost fram and so no real diffs. last time I spent 11$ on a mobil 1 extended filter -yes it looked great at the 10,000 oci I thought it was over kill. 3$ fir the supertec is a deal. at my Walmart they push the frams and k&ns. stock is limited on the other brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back