$10 Harbor Freight Torque Wrench

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought a new 1/2" Husky Tq wrench at HD during the Christmas sale for $49 bucks (1/2 price ). Much better than any HF $10 piece

The video linked below is pretty much consistent with my experience. The HF wrench does not have the best design and is not the most user friendly but it is very accurate and reliable. My biggest complaint is that my eyes are not as good as they used to be and I now need to wear reading glasses to set the torque...next wrench will have bigger or more pronounced numbers. But I definitely got $10 worth out of it over the years.

https://youtu.be/RZR92kNpoRQ

About 5 years ago and prior, those $10 with discount/coupon Harbor Freight torque wrenches were made in Taiwan and half way usable for the most part. Since then, they have been getting them from China to make that price point and the value and quality has slipped considerably.

I would recommend the Tekton torque wrenches for the best value for the dollar nowadays.

For sparks plugs I use a Craftsman beam torque wrench, but I do use a horrible freight clicker for lug nuts and various other things. The first one failed (wouldn't click on any setting) after a few months, but the replacement has been fine a few years now. I wouldn't trust it for something critical like head bolts or bearing caps, but for lug nuts I think its fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back