European Tools via Amazon - New Lug Wrench

Thank you for posting this message. So if I have Amazon Prime here in the USA, I can log into Amazon.de and log in and order? I had been meaning to ask Trav this question for a while since I found his posts about Hazet and Stahlwille tools very interesting.
I have been very interested in finding high quality tools at less than Snap On prices.

Originally Posted by JHZR2
Originally Posted by eljefino
What kind of leverage do you get with that thing? It only looks 13 inches across.

14.5-15"

If something was stuck that bad, a cordless impact, or a long cheater is the only option.

Originally Posted by Astro14
This is nice to keep in the trunk, in lieu of a set of sockets/breaker bars.

Right, and its usable on any car I own.

This + a 1/2" ratchet is usable on any car I own:

https://smile.amazon.com/Ingersoll-Rand-SK4C3FN-Impact-Service/dp/B074P73B75/ref=sr_1_2?

Much easier and smaller than carrying around a large heavy pizza box.

I've bought a few Hazet tools from Amazon Germany - none were made there however - all from former East Bloc countries.

Not worth it overall. Quality is easily exceeded by others for less. Packing was always poor and especially frustrating is lack of real time Amazon tracking like any other order.

Last edited:
I don't what Hazet tools you are buying but every one of the ones I own and have bought over the last 35 years is made in Germany. What you describe sounds more like Wera stuff not Hazet.

Originally Posted by frankbee3
Thank you for posting this message. So if I have Amazon Prime here in the USA, I can log into Amazon.de and log in and order? I

Yes, I log in with my Amazon user name and PW and order. With Prime you will certainly have no problem. Just make sure the seller ships to the USA.

Originally Posted by demarpaint
Originally Posted by frankbee3
Thank you for posting this message. So if I have Amazon Prime here in the USA, I can log into Amazon.de and log in and order? I

Yes, I log in with my Amazon user name and PW and order. With Prime you will certainly have no problem. Just make sure the seller ships to the USA.

All the purchases I made had some Amazon International Fulfillment option clearly stated. I haven't tried with alternate sellers. A few things I couldn't get, and they told me straight up they couldn't be shipped to the USA. Have you had much luck with third party sellers shipping to the USA?

Third party sellers usually want outrageous shipping charges if they ship at all to the USA.
Its generally only specialty tools like a lot stuff from Klann and some industrial makes that you cant find.

Those old school spoke wrenches are the best in my stubborn opinion. I have come to believe people were mechanical geniuses in the early days of machines. These wrenches seem simple because now they are here and invented. It took a smart mechanically inclined person to invent it though. Spin the nuts off with no damage and no other tool needed.

Works and works well. First order of a few - lug nut wrench; I never had one and after my bad blowout, I decided I wanted one.

Amazon.de seems to fulfill via amazon.uk, as the package was dispatched via Royal Mail.
how much were the import duties, taxes, and fees?

Here is another option for international ordering:

Global Store Landing Page @ Amazon.com

The Amazon Global Store allows you to easily discover a wide selection of international products available from Amazon’s websites around the world without leaving Amazon.com. When you purchase an international product, it is shipped and sold to you from outside the United States by an overseas Amazon affiliate.

The Amazon Global Store simplifies the import process and shows you the complete amount you will pay for orders for international products, including import duties, taxes, and fees.

The Amazon Global Store purchases are supported by Amazon.com Customer Service. You can return items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. Simply use the Amazon.com Returns Support Center. The Amazon Global Store will cover the cost of international return shipping up to $20. If your return shipping costs more than $20, please contact Customer Service.

how much were the import duties, taxes, and fees?
I don’t know that there were. I actually think Amazon shipped it free, but maybe that’s wrong. I think they removed the VAT too.

But it was a while ago.

I think @Trav knows the details on how Amazon.de does the transactions.

This Hazet 17pc wrench set at Amazon Global Store seems reasonably priced, certainly a LOT less than Snap-On, and on par with Williams, at $264. Price would come down if the US dollar gained some value vs the Euro and Pound.

These are favorite “cheap” lug wrenches to keep in the trunk. Genuine BMW, made by Hayco in Germany. 17mm and 19mm (maybe more sizes?). About $20 shipped off eBay.

CDE1C61C-8670-446A-9704-86BB6B98ADCD.jpeg

Since I last posted in this thread I've placed three orders with Amazon.de. It is almost always cheaper than buying from Amazon for Hazet, Gedore, or Stahlwille tools. Odds are buying from Amazon in the US the tool is coming from Europe anyway with the state sales tax added in, and at higher price. It also takes just as long to get.

Those old school spoke wrenches are the best in my stubborn opinion. I have come to believe people were mechanical geniuses in the early days of machines. These wrenches seem simple because now they are here and invented. It took a smart mechanically inclined person to invent it though. Spin the nuts off with no damage and no other tool needed.
I had one car where the lug bolts were so tight and the wrench so poor that I twisted the shaft trying to get them undone

Originally Posted by JHZR2
Originally Posted by eljefino
What kind of leverage do you get with that thing? It only looks 13 inches across.

14.5-15"

If something was stuck that bad, a cordless impact, or a long cheater is the only option.

Originally Posted by Astro14
This is nice to keep in the trunk, in lieu of a set of sockets/breaker bars.

Right, and its usable on any car I own.

This + a 1/2" ratchet is usable on any car I own:

https://smile.amazon.com/Ingersoll-Rand-SK4C3FN-Impact-Service/dp/B074P73B75/ref=sr_1_2?

Much easier and smaller than carrying around a large heavy pizza box.

I've bought a few Hazet tools from Amazon Germany - none were made there however - all from former East Bloc countries.

Not worth it overall. Quality is easily exceeded by others for less. Packing was always poor and especially frustrating is lack of real time Amazon tracking like any other order.
East Bloc countries? Those are gone a long time ago. The quality in CR, Poland, what was East Germany, is not less than what was West Germany. It really boils down to the manufacturer not the country anyway.

Back