European Tools via Amazon - New Lug Wrench

JHZR2

Staff member
Works and works well. First order of a few - lug nut wrench; I never had one and after my bad blowout, I decided I wanted one.

Amazon.de seems to fulfill via amazon.uk, as the package was dispatched via Royal Mail.

Super happy with this lug wrench. As I have old a Mercedes cars, I'm familiar with this blast finish, and generally prefer it for feel and grip. Polished wrenches are nice, but I'm not savvy enough, or a heavy enough user to know their benefit. So I actually like this sort of finish fwiw. And, the first-world made 22mm lug socket with plastic wrapper, which I hadn't found on amazon.com. I like that I have the plastic coatings to protect wheels, and the flexibility of a 1/2" drive square end to use as I need.

All I did was go onto amazon.de and login. I had to verify through two step authentication, but they texted my USA based cell phone no problem. Shipping was minimal cost compared to when you have to pay for UPS or FedEx to ship over here. Very reasonable.

Quite pleased!

0608F9D0-64CB-4B69-B24F-7E5C03E55B02.jpeg

6F39AE84-C57F-4929-B9B0-DCC06281AD24.jpeg

I work at UPS. The low shipping cost is because it was shipped subsidized through the mail system through agreements with the USPS and foreign postal systems.

Reactions: JC1
I've ordered a few times from amazon.de and never had issues. Some come via .uk, some come straight from Germany or Poland's fulfillment centers.

Nice tool! Europeans in general view high polished chrome plated tools as cheap tools, the blasted finish is much preferred. I like the blasted finish but my favorite finish is the one on Stahlwille wrenches, it is not a plating, polished or blasted finish it seems to be in the steel composition itself. It has a unusual silky feel to it.

What kind of leverage do you get with that thing? It only looks 13 inches across.

I would hope so … way beyond what us shade tree mechanics need.
(one of my AZ's actually has a shade tree, loaner tools, and decent advice)

3FB9D57A-B229-4132-9883-D139321D5CF6.png

Last edited:
I never understood the need for those. Maybe a century ago when there weren't as many automotive tools but I'd rather use 1/2" drive tools, or an impact. You can't use that one handed, can you? You need a one handed tool for a euro car with wheel bolts.

EDIT: Wow half price on Amazon.de compared to Amazon.ca, nice!

Last edited:
We all have one stronger arm and are LH or RH meaning that arm is pushing or pulling

If you don't need the extra leverage … these are cheap, are PPE, and multi faceted

FBA6F4F9-6909-4FC2-B56F-F22D802209FC.png

Last edited:
Originally Posted by eljefino
What kind of leverage do you get with that thing? It only looks 13 inches across.

14.5-15"

If something was stuck that bad, a cordless impact, or a long cheater is the only option.

Originally Posted by Astro14
This is nice to keep in the trunk, in lieu of a set of sockets/breaker bars.

Right, and its usable on any car I own.

Originally Posted by maxdustington
I never understood the need for those. Maybe a century ago when there weren't as many automotive tools but I'd rather use 1/2" drive tools, or an impact. You can't use that one handed, can you? You need a one handed tool for a euro car with wheel bolts.

EDIT: Wow half price on Amazon.de compared to Amazon.ca, nice!

I never owned a lug wrench like this before either. But in some cases its nice to spin nuts on and off.

I always install my tires on my euro cars by hanging the wheel on the short bit of hub, then finger thread in a bolt or two. Ive never had an issue with a wheel staying on the hub flange for a second.

I didn't think people still used those anymore what with all the cordless impact wrenches out there, or a breaker bar and socket. I must have half a dozen in the basement that I haven't used in over 10 years and have listed them on Craigslist for almost that long now and sold one in all that time.

I have several 4-ways I don't use often, but they are better than a factory one handed wrench, and good to keep in the trunk. Plus you could help someone else out with it. A 4-way wrench way puts torsional force on the lug nuts, whereas most one handed wrench add a side load which doesn't help. And on the OP's lug wrench you could always add a long 1/2 in extension to it for leverage.

Going the way of the dinosaur as most vehicles nowadays don't have a spare. If you are in your own garage an electric impact with some torque sticks is the way to go. I just added an air bag floor jack to use for swapping tires summer-winter-summer. Keeps me from having to move my project off the lift and saves my back from hauling around that heavy iron jack.
[Linked Image]

Last edited:
Same experience here - order directly off amazon.de and amazon.it for best pricing on EU tools. Saved 30% freight included last week doing this.

Back