Follow up from this thread: https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/foru...bosch-quietcast-bc905-brake-pads-6mm-new
I ordered three different sets of D905 sized rear brake pads. My application was a 2010 Nissan Altima V6. The D905/D1288/D1393 size fits many Nissan/Infiniti vehicles.
- The Bosch had 6mm of material, Centric had about ~7mm and the Akebono was probably 7.5mm. The Akebono’s were a hair thicker than the Centric. For my application, the OE spec is 8.0mm for new.
- Only the Akebono’s had 2 pads with wear indicators. The other pads only had one.
- Both the Centric and Akebono’s had stainless steel wear indicators but the Akebono’s felt thicker (identical to OE).
- Bosch was copper free, the others were low copper.
- Bosch was $24, Centric was $25 and Akebono was $38.
- Note: the pictures of the pad are listed in the same order as the boxes. First picture is Bosch, then two pictures of the Centric and the last two pictures are the Akebono’s.
On paper, the Centric’s are probably the best value. Without any meaningful comparison tests it is hard to say which pad performs better. But in terms of features and dimensions, the Akebono’s seem to be the closest to OE.