Made the plunge, cell phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've only had a cell phone for a couple years myself.
I never had any issues with just using a phone service like Magic Jack so that's what we used for years.

Nothing exciting about cell phones IMO, just more convenient is all traveling.

Originally Posted by Wolf359

All Verizon phones are unlocked. There's no monthly contract. It's just a discounted monthly charge. You can switch anytime by paying off the remainder of the contract at any time.

I'm not sure how that makes a $429 Samsung S10 look expensive relative to an iPhone.

The "catch" I found of discounted Verizon price is committing to the 24 months with Verizon. If you leave for any reason before 24 months they want full retail of the phone - your discounted payments. Also for the pleasure of all that you get slammed with a $20 - $40 new phone fee at the start.

I just bought my last phone(iPhone 11 128GB) from Apple at retail($749) although got a $100 Apple Card due Black Friday special and a high trade in on a iPhone 7 ($200). Unlocked and the best part is Verizon did not charge me the $20-$40 new phone fee because I moved my SIM from old iPhone 7 to iPhone 11 and it worked after Apple migration process.

Verizon is a pricey provider but excellent service. I have a legacy discounted employee plan that we have three smartphones($20/line) on it for $110 total although only 12GB data per month shared.

^^ Nice post ^^

Also nice to have a "civil" discussion in a thread. *L*
Yes, there is always a catch in below market pricing, way more so if your one like me that hasn't signed up with a cell phone company in what must be getting close to a decade now.
I purchase my own stuff and then select a phone carrier.

As I have posted, I am totally enjoying my iPhone XR and new Mac Desktop, enjoying the seemless integration of both and speed.
I used to be VERY much against Apple Products, for one reason, price.
However, now, in todays world, for me, its more about privacy, security, fun factor etc, sure, the hardware is great but other companies are too, but the biggest point of all is, Apple products pricing is now darn close to mainstream cell phone pricing with Apples outstanding quality, support and security.

More or less, taking everything into account, I see the value in Apple products, simply because all the other makers have now got the prices up to and way over the price of iPhones and those phones use the free, insecure Wild West google Android system vs Apples well thought out and "protected" operating system.
All for the same price and less.

For the Android people dont get your feathers ruffled, I am only talking about what I am enjoying by entering the Apple world, wife has now inherited my VERY capable Android Huawei phone, its an awesome phone. Though, depending on my experience with the iPhone and suspect one day we will move her to Apple too.

Last edited:
Still holding out, there are enough phones anywhere you go if you need help, when i was working breaks and lunch going into the break room everybody and i mean everybody was hunched over the tables with their phones in their faces.
lol.gif

Tech-Neck.jpg

Originally Posted by Malo83
Still holding out, there are enough phones anywhere you go if you need help, when i was working breaks and lunch going into the break room everybody and i mean everybody was hunched over the tables with their phones in their faces.
lol.gif

Yup

What's even more sad is when people at the gym are so Addicted to their phones that they refuse to exercise without it in their own hands, it's pathetic.

Originally Posted by alarmguy
^^^ yup ^^^ and some people even go in forums and communicate with strangers from a computer
coffee2.gif

Pathetic

It's OK, separates the men from the boys in the gym.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back