Mobil 1 ESP now sold in 5qt jugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patman

Staff member
I know that there are only a small number of people that use this oil but I now noticed that Canadian Tire sells Mobil 1 ESP 5w30 in 5 quart jugs. This is especially nice because instead of being $16.99 per quart and never going on sale, it now goes on sale whenever the other M1 jugs are on sale (so for instance, right now a 5qt jug of ESP is around $35)

Having this lower price might entice a few people to give this oil a try instead of the vanilla Mobil 1. When it was double the price it was harder to justify but now that it's roughly the same price it's a no brainer to me, the ESP version is a much higher quality oil (as evidenced by the manufacturer's approvals it has)

I figure if it's sold up here in the 5qt jugs it's probably available in the US as well now, so if someone could confirm that here that would be great.

I hope they bring the 5qt. jugs here (not 5 liters?)-this used to be a similar issue with Delvac 1 (now M1 Delvac ESP) 5W40-it was unobtanium for the longest time (except $44/gallon at truck stops), and then it showed up @ WM & Meijer. ESP 5W30 would work well in just about anything, running low sulfur gas or diesel.

Originally Posted by bullwinkle
I hope they bring the 5qt. jugs here (not 5 liters?)-

At lot of oils now are being sold in Canada in 5 quart jugs instead of 5L. At least it's an improvement from the long standing practice of selling it in 4.4L jugs.

Originally Posted by Patman
Originally Posted by bullwinkle
I hope they bring the 5qt. jugs here (not 5 liters?)-

At lot of oils now are being sold in Canada in 5 quart jugs instead of 5L. At least it's an improvement from the long standing practice of selling it in 4.4L jugs.

Just checked my CT and they have none in stock with no intention to order some....

Are there any other CTs in your area you could check online to see if they stock it? I'm not sure where you live but where I am I can find at least 40-50 CT locations within a one hour drive for me (and on a closer scale, at least 10 that are within a 20 minute drive)

Thanks for the heads up! Hopefully they start selling it here in 4 or 5 quart jugs.

Originally Posted by Patman
Are there any other CTs in your area you could check online to see if they stock it? I'm not sure where you live but where I am I can find at least 40-50 CT locations within a one hour drive for me (and on a closer scale, at least 10 that are within a 20 minute drive)

Only one in my town, one is 30 minutes away on the highway (also out of stock) and there is one 1 hour away that has some in stock but just the gas required to get there negates the sales price.

I live in a small atlantic town.

Appreciate the info! Might give it a shot in the G37 next go around. Wonder how the ESP and the EP compare for the avg hard driven daily?

In the USA Delvac 1 ESP 5w-40 is available shipped free from Walmart just buy two.

Mobil Delvac 1 ESP 5W40 - Gal

Mobil 1Walmart # 562993153

$24.99

Originally Posted by Jimmy_Russells
They've had them for several months now. I bought a couple back in late October.

I first noticed it in November or December but kinda forgot about it until last week when I got a reminder from CT that it was on sale (and so I couldn't resist grabbing a jug even though I still have 30 liters of the old formula!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back