Sinopec Synthetic 15W-40

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is not a bad price. If was not a few gallons deep into some Mobil Delvac after rebate pricing, I would pick up a couple of pails of this stuff.

Originally Posted By: Cedarshark
Kudos to 2015_PSD for trying this oil and sticking his neck out with an expensive motor. He minimized his risk by doing a VOA . I worked for a year in Singapore putting the final touches on the construction of a drills hip and found the technical help and expertise in the shipyard to be knowledgable a and hard working . I don't foresee a problem with that oil being mixed there. I hope everything works out well and a UOA deremines that oil to be either syn or semi-syn and have Chevron additives and Exxon base. My compliments to you for trying something no-one here(including me) was willing to do.
Thanks; I have not had a chance to use it yet, but I will on the next OC. I am not "scared" of this oil in the slightest--I have been to Singapore and am confident the oil meets the requirements. Besides, we talk so much "smack" on BITOG about how if the oil meets the minimum requirements why do we not select the cheapest that does and go with it?

I just bought a 55 gal drum straight from their website, oil smells alot different than than the old t600 oil.

So I bought a couple of 5 gallon buckets from Walmart at $49 a few months back to run in one of my cars to see if it would be good to use in all of my vehicles, gas and diesel. I saw 2-3 weeks ago or so they were $39 on Walmart and was going to order more. Before I did first car is due for an oil change so I thought I would send off a sample to Blackstone for a VOA. I got it back yesterday and oil looks pretty good. Went to order it and it is now out of stock on Walmart. The cheapest I can find it is some seller on Ebay has some listed for $73. Otherwise it looks like $9x everywhere else I can find it. I thought about just ordering a 55 gallon drum but would be worried about additives settling out of it. With as many cars as I own and buy/sell it would probably last a couple of years or so maybe. I am just not sure I want to deal with a 55 gallon drum though. Hopefully the 5 gallon buckets will come back in stock pretty soon. In the mean time I have 2 cars due for an oil change and only have enough for 1. Will have to try something else for the other I guess.

If I bought Chinese owned oil products I would spring for a VOA for sure (well worth the $10-20). Just to make sure I was not putting melamine into infant milk - I mean - syrup into my engines thinking it was oil. If as advertised - it may be a good deal. Only available in drums these days it seems.

Yea that is why I ran a VOA on it to make sure, which came back good. I will have to get it posted. It REALLY sucks after going thru all that trouble the 5 gallon buckets do not seem to be available.

Originally Posted by okiebenz
Yea that is why I ran a VOA on it to make sure, which came back good. I will have to get it posted. It REALLY sucks after going thru all that trouble the 5 gallon buckets do not seem to be available.

Sinopec is not made in China, it is made in Singapore and the VOA I performed on it showed it to be comparable to all other oils in its class. I sold my Powerstroke before I could use it, but I had full confidence that it would perform with no issues.

Originally Posted by 2015_PSD

Sinopec is not made in China, it is made in Singapore and the VOA I performed on it showed it to be comparable to all other oils in its class. I sold my Powerstroke before I could use it, but I had full confidence that it would perform with no issues.

Yes, well aware it's not supposed to be made in China. Neither is any of the $2-$2000 electronic crap you get shipped from Vietnam, Malaysia and even from within the USA. Sinopec is a Chinese State run company. They know how to run it.

Originally Posted by tundraotto

Yes, well aware it's not supposed to be made in China. Neither is any of the $2-$2000 electronic crap you get shipped from Vietnam, Malaysia and even from within the USA. Sinopec is a Chinese State run company. They know how to run it.

Read Zeng's posts above--BP, Exxon and others are involved in the Singapore operations, China owned or not. The VOA of T600 showed nothing out of the ordinary. I sold the bucket I had to Robo339 and I am sure he has used it by now. I will try to ping him and grab his experiences with it.

Originally Posted by tundraotto

You have no idea what you're talking about. I would challenge you to provide an ounce of evidence that Sinopec is for some reason manufacturing substandard oil in China, packaging it in mis-labeled pails saying "Singapore" then shipping them to their blending plant in Singapore to distribute... but I know there is no such evidence because it doesn't make financial sense.

Singapore has a world-leading petrochemical industry, including massive plants for the likes of ExxonMobil, Chevron, Shell, BP, Total, among others. Sinopec has a lube oil plant there because that's where the oil and the technology is located to create products easily marketed globally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back