Detroit Axle brake pad photos

Status
Not open for further replies.
I posted a couple months back about the Detroit Axle brake kit I installed on my Impala, which has been working flawlessly, however I forgot to snap photos.

I know everyone here likes pictures, so here's a couple of the pads I ordered for my sister's 2007 Saturn Ion. I didn't take any of the rotors because, well, they look like rotors.

In case it can't be seen, the marking on the pad is MT-P956-YDL-L006-FF. All I know is that FF is the friction rating and P956 is the part number of the pads. Is there any way to find out a brand from these numbers? I know DA isn't making them, but I suppose they could be made to spec.

Here ya be! What's everyone think?

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I think it's not worth the bother since DA is known to deal in low end generic Chinese parts. Extra effort 2nd guess after the fact seems pointless. I'd expect them to work fine but maybe not resist heat or have as long a lifespan as some. If cheap pads didn't work then a lot more people would be crashing into buildings every day.
wink.gif

I bought a detroit axle hub for a GMC a 2005 GMC truck. It was so much cheaper that I had to try it. I'm relatively easy on my vehicles. I got around 25k out of it. Not impressed. Decent brake pads are inexpensive to purchase. No more DA for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back