Gotta love Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Evening BITOGERS
smile.gif

Was heading home from giant eagle near me and just about to pull into my parking area and young woman in 2008 Ford Explorer rear ended me. I'm ok, she was hysterical but ok as well. Got police report and will be in rental car tomorrow and car will be towed to good friends body shop. I hope it is not totalled but.....

See for yourself

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Glad it didn't hurt you, Adam, just the car. This looks like when the wife's xB got rear ended, $6500 damage on a car w/a $5500 book value. I think the insurance company was so happy we didn't sue them that they fixed it anyway! I hope you don't feel the pain tomorrow after sleeping, sometimes whiplash doesn't come on until you have a chance to relax.

Towed? ... it's not driveable? Doesn't take much to total a 10+ year old car. Good luck Stude.

Totaled for sure. No insurance company is going to pay to have that rear 1/4 pulled, plus it'll never be right again anyways.

Glad you both are ok.

Originally Posted by Patrick0525
I am glad u are ok.

Thank You sir
smile.gif

Originally Posted by ZeeOSix
Towed? ... it's not driveable? Doesn't take much to total a 10+ year old car. Good luck Stude.

It drives fine but one taillight shattered out. I don't need fine taking it to body shop as cops around here are pretty vigilant.
Originally Posted by 14Accent
Totaled for sure. No insurance company is going to pay to have that rear 1/4 pulled, plus it'll never be right again anyways.

Glad you both are ok.

Thank You sir. If it's totaled it was a great running car; everything considered
smile.gif

Glad you are OK bud! That REALLY sucks!!! Hope they don't write it off, do you know how fast she was going? Or have a rough idea?

I grew up around Giant Eagle in western PA, sorry about the car. Nobody hurt is good to hear.

If the good ole police report has the VIN number on it, which most of them do, the car will show up on a Carfax and be diminished value. It doesn't matter much on an 09' with that mileage however.

Originally Posted by OVERKILL
Glad you are OK bud! That REALLY sucks!!! Hope they don't write it off, do you know how fast she was going? Or have a rough idea?

I'd say kinda fast as she was young and admitted she was distracted for a second.

11 year old Camry, hard to say what will happen. Fingers crossed

Her vehicle; a 2008 FORD explorer

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by skyactiv
If the good ole police report has the VIN number on it, which most of them do, the car will show up on a Carfax and be diminished value. It doesn't matter much on an 09' with that mileage however.

Both vehicle incident reports by police have my vin as well as her vin
smile.gif

That 2012 TOYITA Corolla LE doesnt look so bad now; come to think of it. Friends grandma has it and it has like 34k~

Originally Posted by AZjeff
I'm from Pa so I noticed your plate sticker is from '18, what's up with that? And you didn't cover your numbers, the horror!

Glad you're ok, might have a stiff neck tomorrow.

PA did away with plate stickers 2 years ago.

That plate is almost 13 years old too
crazy2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back