'18 Tiguan (Not my UOA) Liqui Moly Top Tec 6200 0W-20 VW508.00 - Ea888 (8800mi)

wemay

Site Donor 2023
This is not my UOA. It is borrowed from a VWVortex member...

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

Originally Posted by SubieRubyRoo
Nice! Thanks wemay. I really liked this oil in your massive data dump earlier, so after seeing this it's nothing spectacular.... barely stayed in grade. Certainly not worth $80 minimum per OCI depending on your sump size!
thumbsup2.gif

thumbsup2.gif

Very good. Low wear numbers and it still might be breaking in at the start of the run. An 8.8k OCI is long enough to get a good read on things.

Originally Posted by aquariuscsm
Liqui-Moly....where's the moly?
confused2.gif

Agree...... seems odd to have that chosen brand name and be absent from the bottle.
What's remaining in this bottle did work.

The name "Liqui Moly" comes from their first product, the Moly Oil Additive. 40 Years ago. But People still claim "What? No Moly in Liqui Moly?"
wink.gif

I think out of 10.000 Liqui Moly customers in germany maybe 1 have a clue what the english, fancy sounding name "Liqui-Moly" mean and that Moly is a oil additive.
Add to this that nobody in gemany outside of a university or a chemical lab says "molybden", the average Joe (or Fritz..) here call it just "Graphit".

So, "Liqui-Moly" is a fine Brand name for Gemany, but maybe not so for Export.

But.. wait... where are the Shells in Shell Oil?

Originally Posted by ChristianReske
The name "Liqui Moly" comes from their first product, the Moly Oil Additive. 40 Years ago. But People still claim "What? No Moly in Liqui Moly?"
wink.gif

I think out of 10.000 Liqui Moly customers in germany maybe 1 have a clue what the english, fancy sounding name "Liqui-Moly" mean and that Moly is a oil additive.
Add to this that nobody in gemany outside of a university or a chemical lab says "molybden", the average Joe (or Fritz..) here call it just "Graphit".

The shells are in the oil itself along with all other prehistoric objects that formed the crude millions of years ago.
grin2.gif

I dont dare to ask how they divide the "shell oil" from the "other prehistoric objetc oil" in the factory... i have some ACME machine in mind, operated by Williy G. Coyote.
grin2.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted by aquariuscsm
Liqui-Moly....where's the moly?
confused2.gif

Agree...... seems odd to have that chosen brand name and be absent from the bottle.
What's remaining in this bottle did work.
You need to go back and look at the history of Liqui Moly and where the name started.

Originally Posted by SubieRubyRoo
Nice! Thanks wemay. I really liked this oil in your massive data dump earlier, so after seeing this it's nothing spectacular.... barely stayed in grade. Certainly not worth $80 minimum per OCI depending on your sump size!
thumbsup2.gif

thumbsup2.gif

From the flash point it looks like quite a bit of dilution, no? Not really much the oil can do. Good wear numbers despite that. I’d go with the dealer 508 spec oil for price though. ECS has the kit for the Tiguan including filter and drain plug for $66 free shipping.

From the flash point it looks like quite a bit of dilution, no? Not really much the oil can do. Good wear numbers despite that. I’d go with the dealer 508 spec oil for price though. ECS has the kit for the Tiguan including filter and drain plug for $66 free shipping.
I'd go with Castrol Edge 5W-30 LL from Walmart.com for $24.04 and a $6 filter from the dealer. The VW oil isn't going to be any better in the regard, you need more headroom than another oil within the grade will do.

wink.gif

Nice :cool:(y)

Excellent results for a UOA that started at 12K miles. One would think you'd still have more break in metals at this point. I would use this oil again if I were the OP.

Back