Nissan Titan any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if this is the right venue or not for this question.

Starting to look for a used truck, new pricing is outlandish and frankly the styling is ***** for most full size trucks- except for the Ford F150....except....it's a Ford;)

Not much interested in the big three and Toyota is 40% higher than the Nissan. 30 years ago I think Nissan was competitive with Honda/Toyota- but I think their quality has fallen off- but is it still a decent make or stay away.

Looking at 2015 ish year as I like this gen style as the latest gen joined the rest in fuglyness, although the 5.6L V8 seems to be improved. So how are the drivetrain and bodies holding out- electrical issues?

In the past it was a fairly easy choice of Chevy for me- but looking around, 5 years and the boxes are rusting out around here- did I say *****?

Thanks

Originally Posted by dfarr67
Not sure if this is the right venue or not for this question.

Starting to look for a used truck, new pricing is outlandish and frankly the styling is ***** for most full size trucks- except for the Ford F150....except....it's a Ford;)

Not much interested in the big three and Toyota is 40% higher than the Nissan. 30 years ago I think Nissan was competitive with Honda/Toyota- but I think their quality has fallen off- but is it still a decent make or stay away.

Looking at 2015 ish year as I like this gen style as the latest gen joined the rest in fuglyness, although the 5.6L V8 seems to be improved. So how are the drivetrain and bodies holding out- electrical issues?

In the past it was a fairly easy choice of Chevy for me- but looking around, 5 years and the boxes are rusting out around here- did I say *****?

Thanks

What is your budget?

You answered your own question. Not interested in the big three and Toyota is too expensive. That leaves Nissan as your sole choice regardless of their value/performance/longevity. I suppose the Ridgeline is kind of a truck but if you are looking for value keep on looking.

I think the newest GMs that don't have the hideous square wheel wells are OK, but I agree in general. Rams are better than GM but I think Ford looks the best.

The only Nissan truck I would consider would the the Titan XD with a Cummins.

Titans don't sell very well. There is a reason for it, probably anyways.
I like my old Tundra; rock solid.
If I were looking for a 2015 PU, I'd be after one of those F-150 with the slick V6.
Titan would not be on my list.

Good luck.

I still have my 04 4x4 Titan Crew Cab LE with the big tow kit. Still love it.

Its a great truck. None of the new trucks but the 3.5 ecoboost are significantly better enough to make me bother getting a new truck

Mine has 100K of very hard towing miles, it needed brakes, a fuel pump, shocks and some hoses.

IF you go to the fast lane truck you'll see a 2018 whoop hard on a new chevy 5.3. These guy like the titan for a reason.

UD

As expected the Titan haters in this thread have no experience with them.

I bought my 13 Titan with 5,000 miles. Now with 80,000 miles it hasn't had any issues. A fair amount of heavy towing. The great thing about the 07-15 5.6 is that it makes a healthy 385 ft lbs @ 3400 rpm. 90% of that available at 2500 rpm.

The 5.6 and the 5 speed trans backing it in the 1st gen Titan are both solid units.

There are lots of Titans out there with over 200k running well.

I have owned 7 Nissan trucks. All have served me well. My dad still has a 01 Supercharged Frontier running well on the original engine and transmission. Even the alternator is original. It has 320,000 miles.

Bite the Bullitt and buy a Ford, F-150
You want regret it at all !
Everybody deserves to own and drive a Ford someday !!!ðŸ‘

Don't know much about Titan but the NV3500 van is highly regarded by tradesmen here in New Hampshire and especially since Ford discontinued the E350 Econoline. Titan is very similar. I think they got a bad rap by being the also ran in a very competitive 1/2 ton pickup truck field. You see Titans at fire sale prices. Go for it.

What do you want to do with it? Haul stuff, tow stuff, look good, or have good residual for when you flip in a couple of years? That might help drive towards an answer. Miles per year, need for 4WD, bed length and door count might also be good parameters. "Required" mpg and if you plan on any future mods might be good too.

Have you surfed any Titan forums to see what might be common problems?

I won't give up my Gen 1 Tundra for anything they will probably have to bury me in it.

Originally Posted by JeffKeryk

WOW. They REALLY don't sell very well ...

[Linked Image]

I bought a new 4x4 Titan S last April after a bunch of research and figuring out what we really needed.

The last year of a platform should be the best sorted example (2015). Can't speak to rust but there's been a Nissan dealer here for a long time and there are a bunch of older Titans on the roads.

Instead of random opinions of unknown value why not spend some time on a Titan forum and see what owners are saying? TITANTALK

Originally Posted by geeman789

Originally Posted by JeffKeryk

WOW. They REALLY don't sell very well ...

[URL='https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/attachments/usergals/2020/01/full-63158-40341-screen_shot_2020_01_16_at_7.13.12_pm.png']https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/foru...screen_shot_2020_01_16_at_7.13.12_pm.png[/URL][/]

Goodness
Ford F-Series killing it in sells

The only bad thing about the Titan is the dated design. Very reliable, low running cost, easy to repair. Owning a Ford or Chevy long term is miserable once the paint starts peeling off or aluminum begins to corrode. It will happen.

Originally Posted by wdn
I won't give up my Gen 1 Tundra for anything they will probably have to bury me in it.

me too. far and away the very best vehicle I have owned. I have owned over 60 in my life time so far. needed ONE repair since new in 03. a o2 sensor. my 99 chev-well its a very long list.

Originally Posted by 2strokeNorthstar
The only bad thing about the Titan is the dated design. Very reliable, low running cost, easy to repair. Owning a Ford or Chevy long term is miserable once the paint starts peeling off or aluminum begins to corrode. It will happen.

To funny 🤣
How long will it take for the Aluminum to corrode ?
Probably longer the the motor will last
Amazing how much fake news there is about Ford and their Aluminum body's
If I lived in the rust belt
I'd want a Ford F-150 !!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back