Project Farm - Yelling

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol.gif
IMO no comparison between the two. Kilmer yells. PF speaks in a volume that is clearly understandable, if a bit loud.

Marketing 101? 1 Road dude on youtube is loud too.

Recall back in the day certain TV ads got in trouble for cranking their volumes up a few decibels over others to catch your attention?

^^^ They still do. The main cheat is using a technique called compression. The difference is like someone talking regularly into a microphone then someone talking too loud into a microphone and it chops off their loudest sounds but amplifies the softer ones loud too.

Maybe they've lost some of their hearing from constantly being around loud equipment and don't realize how loud they are.

I wish every teacher I ever had was a good at getting things across as he is. Most of us have suffered through a painful series of lecture halls where even the toothpicks under your eyes won't keep them open. The ones where you wish for a quick and painless death to end your misery🤢. I can't think of a single thing I would change including his delivery. My only thought for the OP is to lower the volume.

Originally Posted by Driz
I wish every teacher I ever had was a good at getting things across as he is. Most of us have suffered through a painful series of lecture halls where even the toothpicks under your eyes won't keep them open. The ones where you wish for a quick and painless death to end your misery🤢. I can't think of a single thing I would change including his delivery. My only thought for the OP is to lower the volume.

My issue in college was the professors who were foreign and spoke terrible English. Nothing like paying thousands for a class with 500 students and they have some grad student mumbling at the front of the room in broken English. I have several friends who speak English as their second language, so I'm quite good at understanding broken English with thick accents, but this was ridiculous when trying to learn complex subjects. I think project farm speaks very clearly, and some of the volume issues might be due to him being in a garage/shop.

Originally Posted by KevGuy
Why does it seem like the dude from Project Farm is always yelling at you? Is he going deaf or something? He's almost as bad as Scotty Kilmer.

KG:

Which video is the worst? - I want to check it out.

I;m going deaf so It might be "just right" for me
smile.gif

BTW I've never notice him yelling in the past.

Originally Posted by shrooms
PF guy is clear and precise.

This.

Some YouTube drags for 5 or 10 minutes then touches on the click bait title. Total waste of time

Originally Posted by jeepman3071

My issue in college was the professors who were foreign and spoke terrible English. Nothing like paying thousands for a class with 500 students and they have some grad student mumbling at the front of the room in broken English. I have several friends who speak English as their second language, so I'm quite good at understanding broken English with thick accents, but this was ridiculous when trying to learn complex subjects. I think project farm speaks very clearly, and some of the volume issues might be due to him being in a garage/shop.

Been there, done that. The hardest one I ever had was a Turkish Statistics professor.

I also had a Calculus (III) professor break his right arm in the final month of the class. He proceeded to teach the class while writing with his left hand. Talk about tough to decipher! It was terrible.

Originally Posted by csandste
Originally Posted by shrooms
PF guy is clear and precise.

Yep. Not like Scotty.

My issue with Scotty is that he over simplifies a lot of his repairs, and even though he is purely for entertainment, gives the idea to a lot of people that he is doing a DIY.

An example would be something like a timing belt change where he makes a timing belt job seem like a walk in the park and something that only takes 5-10 minutes. I'm wondering how many people attempted this in their driveway and failed miserably.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back