New Office Chair

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any suggestions on a resonably priced chair that is adjustable and offers lower back support? Looking into one for the home office.

The Herman Miller mentioned above is tops.

OTOH, check out the nicer office "executive" chairs at Costco. They're not bad either.

Originally Posted by maxdustington
Herman Miller Aeron. I wouldn't bother with anything else.

Cheap enough used, and durable as iron. Mine is fifteen years old and I've had it for five so far.

Just googled this chair, it sure does look comfortable. Will keep this in mind when i'm ready for a new chair.

How often you sitting in the chair?

I have noticed degradation in my 4 year old sub $250 office chair bu spend 35hrs x 48 weeks a year in it. My Herman Miller previously was circa 2001ish and held together with comfort throughout.

My previous Herman Miller Aeron was from 2001ish and foreign owned company slammed door shut on us and laid us off. So the site director, office manager and IT person said grab everything at your desk and take home. I happened to get a few servers and the best part "Herman Miller Aeron" out of it.

Not sure where you are in PA but try a big box office supply store like Staples, Office Depot or OfficeMax since they will have many chairs on display at a reasonable price. I would look for a privately owned store as well where you can get professional help. They will have someone who understands the ergonomics and can get you the right chair for your needs. You may not get that at a big box store.

Back in the late 90s, i suffered through carpal tunnel (felt like I had a broken wrist) because i wasn't properly fitted at my desk. They sent someone to my office to measure my desk height, chair and computer monitor height. I got a new chair (sat higher), adjustable keyboard and monitor. Once we had everything in alignment, carpal tunnel went away along with the stiffness in my neck.

Good luck

Cheap enough used, and durable as iron. Mine is fifteen years old and I've had it for five so far.

Definitely looks comfortable.

Originally Posted by Mr Nice

Definitely looks comfortable.

Very comfortable. My only caveat is the back doesn't go completely up to your head but I've never had an issue with any of them (compared to other office chairs in other client offices I go to.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back