Is this a flexible high pressure fuel line?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do they make flexible high pressure lines. This is one that feeds both fuel rails. The reason I ask is I need to removed the low pressure fuel pump to change out a barbed fitting. The fitting the shop used is too small and I can either remove the motor mount or just loosen the bolts on the low pressure fuel pump and move it over a tad to get the clearance I need to spin the fitting off. The issue is they put both pumps on a bracket so once I loosen the bolts both the high and low pressure pump will be free to move.

20200115_165006.jpg

This same type of line is connected to the high pressure pump I want to move over a tad to clear the engine mount. I just took a picture of the fuel rail line because you can see it. I'm going to assume this is a flexible high pressure hose that can flex enough for me to unbolt the two pumps and do what I need to do without unhooking the high pressure lines? I don't know whether or not they hold pressure with the engine off or not.

So if there's a pump, can you unplug it then crank the motor? Should relieve pressure that way.

I'm not sure. I'm not going to unhook the lines, that's not my concern. The fitting i'm replacing is the low pressure fuel feed line. It's already disconnected. I just need to know if that orange style line is flexible or if that is just insulation or something.

Those appear to be high pressure fittings, the orange is silicone fiberglass lined cover. Pull the covering back a little and see if the fitting has a crimp fitting, if it does its high pressure.

what is the cover for? Does that mean the part under the cover is a flexible hose? I know it's definitely high pressure, no doubt about that it comes straight from the high pressure pump.

Last edited by a moderator:
That has to be a flexible line. How else would you line up the fittings to assemble it all together?

Originally Posted by motor_oil_madman
what is the cover for? Does that mean the part under the cover is a flexible hose? I know it's definitely high pressure, no doubt about that it comes straight from the high pressure pump.

Heat insulation.

That is a flexible line.

The Orange cover is something you will find on just about every airplane in the United States. it's a heat shield.

Originally Posted by motor_oil_madman
Injected. You can see the fuel rail on each side.

I can't tell from that pic what I'm looking at. If its a fuel line what pressure does the system run at?

I'm not unhooking any lines. I just want to unbolt both the high pressure pump and the low pressure Carter pump so I can move it over enough to change out a 90 degree fitting on the Carter fuel pump.

It looks like rubber hose is crimped on to form the center section like an A/C or power steering hose. Then covered with the orange sleeve over all.

This would make a lot more sense if you had posted a picture of the pump and hose in question rather than some other apparently similar hose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back