No love here for the M&P Shield 2.0 9mm?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have 3 different caliber M&P models and love them.
I also love my Beretta Tomcat Inox.

Seems the love is for Glocks and Sigs but I feel the M&P line is a very good value when of course discounted.

The M&Ps are great, if today's version existed when Glock got the strangle hold on the LE market it would have turned out different. Still a lot of agencies carrying M&Ps though.

I have the Gen I Shield 9mm no safety. I tried on the Glocks but, they didn't feel good in my hand. I'll take an M&P any day over a Glock.

Thanks for the replies, guys. Nice to read some positive posts.
I have the Shield 2.0 PerformanceCenter version. Really a very nice handgun with a nice trigger.

My wife loves her 380 M&P EZ Shield too.

Originally Posted by Colt
Seems the love is for Glocks and Sigs but I feel the M&P line is a very good value when of course discounted.

S&W discontinued the M&P Shield? If so, news to me.

Originally Posted by ZeeOSix

'Discounted'

Originally Posted by ZeeOSix

'Discounted'

LOL ... read it too fast. Nevermind ...
grin.gif

I like my M&P 9 Shield v1.
I bought it right when the 2.0 came out, so got a good deal on it.
I know a lot of people gripe about the trigger on the original, but I have no issues with it.

I have never had a desire to own a Glock. Shot a few different models that belong to friends and just don't see what the fuss is about.

I just picked up a version 1 Shield on sale at a local big box for $279.00 - $50 rebate = $229.00 including tax. Hard to beat for such a good pistol.
I still prefer my Glocks overall however for sheer durability and ease of complete dissasembly.

I've owned a gen 1 Shield 9MM and a gen 1 M&P 9MM. Both are serviceable, but ho hum guns. They both are long gone.

I have a gen 2 M&P 9MM, and I far prefer it over the gen 1 model. I do really like this pistol. That being said, it will never replace the numerous Glocks that I use for home defense and conceal carry. It mostly just sits in my safe, although I did use it in the night stand for a year or so.

No love here for the M&P Shield 2.0 9mm? Should there be a love for the Shield? I don't own a shield but have shot the 9mm often and the 40S&W once and they are my favorite in the class. Gun choices are all different to different people.

Originally Posted by bradepb
I just picked up a version 1 Shield on sale at a local big box for $279.00 - $50 rebate = $229.00 including tax. Hard to beat for such a good pistol.
I still prefer my Glocks overall however for sheer durability and ease of complete dissasembly.

RKguns.com (Rural King) had some deal right after Black Friday that had the version 2 9mm on sale with the S&W EDC kit that had a small carry pouch, S&W pocketknife, and 3 spare mags for $249 IIRC, no rebate. I had just picked up a Sig P365 for $350 (Gander Outdoors 30% closing clearance) so I wasn't really in the market, otherwise I may have picked one up.

Originally Posted by spasm3
I have a shield, but i'm seriously looking at the sig 365xl, optic ready.

That makes two of us here.. I really like the feel of the 365 in hand with the 12rd mag.

Originally Posted by bradepb

Curious as to how you figure the Glock is more durable than a M&P? Also disassembly?

They're both quite similar in construction and operation and as an owner of both, I don't find one to be superior to the other, except for ergonomics, which I give to S&W but that's mostly a personal preference.

Originally Posted by hatt
I like my Shield. It's a 1.0. Can't beat the price on the 1.0.

+1. I got a steal on a performance center version with the fiber optic sights and porting. Just for fun. Trigger isn't great but it has a great hand feel, runs well, and I enjoy shooting it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back