Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will probably watch some on Saturday. I find it both really cool and really depressing. I love seeing the cars, but know I will probably never be able to afford them.

Y. A diversion from the Debate. I saw a 65 Tempest hardtop go for $29000. I have one but it's a long way from that. It runs and I drive it.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by bdcardinal
I will probably watch some on Saturday. I find it both really cool and really depressing. I love seeing the cars, but know I will probably never be able to afford them.

Yeah the best stuff usually crosses the stage on Saturday

Originally Posted by bdcardinal

That's why I don't watch programs on HGTV about million dollar homes. I'll never be able to afford so why bother.

Originally Posted by John_K
That's why I don't watch programs on HGTV about million dollar homes. I'll never be able to afford so why bother.

Scary thing is I am in a million dollar home as I type this, but in any other part of the country is would be maybe $200K.

I realize it isn't quite the same, but I prefer to go to Sotheby's Auburn Spring and Fall, and experience it all in person.

Mr. Walters' (Fast & Furious cop) car collection (8 cars?) will be on the block.

bdcardinal: Tell your Islip folk to go to that diner with the Indian name.
Been there once (out on the Island for a course).
They make their own corn beef hash. Truly AA+.

Originally Posted by Kira
Mr. Walters' (Fast & Furious cop) car collection (8 cars?) will be on the block.

I believe you meant to type Paul Walker's.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2019/10/04/us/paul-walker-car-collection-auction-trnd/index.html&ved=2ahUKEwjrlc73zYXnAhXN6Z4KHeQqB2QQFjANegQIChA0&usg=AOvVaw3pdKSi7YEAR25DWP16S8BA&ampcf=1

I watched on commercial breaks between Jeopardy! GOAT and some of the debate which - was just a rerun of the last 4 debates.

Surprised to see a hardtop Karmann Ghia go for big bucks. There were 8-10K cars mint just a couple years ago.

I watch the east coast auction more intently since its near me - I like day one with cars 8- 20 grand.

Id wouldn't mine getting a 90% done rust free driver that just need some niggles fixed up.

I record B&J as well as Mecum. I sold my 1987 Grand National 10 years ago for $12,000. They're going for double or triple that now. As much as I like these auction shows, they're painful to watch live.

Originally Posted by gman2304
I record B&J as well as Mecum. I sold my 1987 Grand National 10 years ago for $12,000. They're going for double or triple that now. As much as I like these auction shows, they're painful to watch live.

Did you put the money in an IRA?

If so, you be sitting pretty

And it takes up less room than a Buick
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back